Chapter 17: Scotland Shenanigans

Harry's POV

Once we arrived at the castle, I instantly relaxed. Louis woke me up in the back of the car with a firm but soft kiss on my lips. Waking up to his taste and touch overwhelmed me, and I pulled him in for another after he pulled away. He smiled at that as he brushed my loose curls from my eyes and took my hand to escort me to the door.

The castle was a lot different to the palace, not just by the way it looked but the atmosphere that it created. I turned to Louis with a small amount of hope in my eyes as he followed me through the entrance.

"Are we completely alone? Like, no staff?"

Louis chuckled to himself before wrapping me in his arms and kissing my nose softly. "Just me and my princess," he whispered as he snuggled into my chest.

Our driver brought the bags through into our bedroom before handing Louis the keys to the car. I gave him a confused look and Louis read my mind. "There was another car following us. They will go home in one and we can keep the other."

I nodded and thanked the gentleman before Louis closed the door behind him and turned his attention back to me. "Go and relax in the bath, darling. Get ready to meet me down here in two hours so I can surprise you."

He grinned mischievously and I wasn't sure if I should be scared or intrigued. A bit of both, I think. I made my way up into the bathroom, running a strawberry scented lotion through the warm water to create the desired about of bubbles and submerged myself into it.

I played some music softly from my phone, humming along as I closed my eyes and allowed the water to soak into my muscles. After around an hour, I washed my hair and got out to dry myself and get dressed.

I remembered Louis telling me not to come downstairs for two hours, so I spend a further forty minutes sat on our bed staring into space. Suddenly, I heard Louis call my name, and I shot down the stairs, tripping at the bottom and falling into his arms.

"Hey, tiger. Someone's excited!" He kissed my forehead before I stood back and took in his appearance. He was wearing a baggy jumper than I recognised as mine, but I didn't mind. I always found it cute when he wanted to be that close to me. He paired it with black skinny jeans and matching converses.

I was in something similar, black jeans and a patterned button up shirt. I purposely left the top three buttons undone, knowing that Louis would be able to sneak a look at my chest when looking at me side on. He laughed again as I raised an eyebrow, wondering what was so funny.

"We're both gunna freeze, love."

I smiled at his concern, or lack of, before pulling him into my arms. "You can keep me warm instead. Much better than a jumper."

Louis's POV

I led Harry outside to show him what I had set up. We started with the first surprise, something small, but my heart soured at how something so simple made Harry so happy. I had fished out two wooden chairs and a small round table from the cupboard, throwing a red and white tablecloth over the top. I think we had a bit of a thing for picnics.

I had organised the food into the brown basket and had set out our cutlery and china in the middle of the table. Harry turned the two champagne glasses over, confused when he couldn't find the bottle of alcohol. I giggled at his annoyed expression and reached behind me into a bucket of ice.

Harry poured our drinks whilst I laid out the food and we both took our time eating, talking and laughing. We eventually watched the sun slowly disappear halfway behind the horizon, and I decided it was time for the second surprise. I took Harry by the hand and led him around the castle, down to the large cliff top.