Chapter 12: Louis's Little Prince Charming

Harry's POV

I was so nervous for the ball that Gemma had to remind me to breathe more than once. She was as Princess Lottie's guest and apparently, they had grown quite close recently with most of their tutoring lessons not taking place without a conversation regarding me and Louis.

She appeared from the bathroom in her frock, smiling widely as she gave me a twirl. It was custom made, shades of pinks layering each other down the skirt with the bodice tight around her torso. I gave her a wink before she giggled, and I spoke.

 I gave her a wink before she giggled, and I spoke

"Niall won't be able to keep his eyes off you."

She blushed hard at my comment. We had stayed up countless nights talking about how she might have a small crush on the new chef, and upon her request I had gotten to know him slightly better. He seemed like a nice lad, and once Louis had explained what really happened, I had no reason to dislike him. If anything, I should thank him. Things with Louis were perfect.

That was the main reason I was so worked up over how I looked for the ball. Not only was tonight the first appearance we were going to make as a couple, but Louis has made a few passing comments in the previous days that suggested I may or may not get laid tonight.

Alongside all of that, things were complicated. Louis wasn't openly gay, not even with the rest of his family. Tonight, we had decided to introduce each other as boyfriends, having taken that step in our relationship the week prior. It was a private ball though, so it wasn't as if he was coming out publicly. Attendees would have to sign a contact drawn up by the family lawyer to ensure that people kept their mouth shut until Louis and I decided we were ready.

I stared at the suit I had picked out, now questioning my choice. It was quite out there, a bold statement, but I know it was definitely me. Louis told me that he didn't want me in the traditional black tux, knowing that I wouldn't be comfortable, and I pondered over how this boy knew so much about me in such a short space of time.

I eventually got dressed, pulling a black fitting shirt over my head before stepping into my trousers. The pattern matched my blazer, a cream white base with black floral details. I placed my dad's wedding ring on my right hand, kissing it softly as I heard Gemma telling me it was time.

Louis had wanted me to walk in with him, but I told him not to make a fuss. It was tradition that the royal family, and the royal family only, were the last to arrive in the room to be welcomed by the guests. I think I earnt some brownie points with the King and Queen for that one as they had been arguing with him regarding the matter for a few hours by the time I arrived. I persuaded him in less than ten minutes with a few kisses and the promise of performing another ballet piece just for him.

The room was magnificent, and I could tell by the look on Gem's face that she was just as taken aback as I was. The floor was layered by a deep red carpet, half covered by the gathered congregation. These people looked important and I suddenly didn't feel so confident. We got a few funny looks, and I couldn't figure out if it was because they didn't know who we were, or because of my attire.