Chapter 5: Exposing the truth

Louis's POV

Everyone was in the dining room preparing for dinner. I couldn't leave my room right now. That boy was still playing on my mind and it was intoxicating. In an attempt to distract myself, I searched through my bookcase for something to read.

I had always been intellectual, naturally top of my classes, and I passed all my exams with flying colours. It annoyed me that I wasn't allowed to continue with my education at an Ivy league university. Welcome to the life of being a bloody Prince.

Along my bookshelf I skimmed over the titles of my most sophisticated novels. Pride and Prejudice, The Great Gatsby, Jane Eyre, and... my journal? Not exactly matching up with the best quality of writing, but it contained every thought and feeling I had during the hardest years of my life. I pulled it from the shelf, perching on my bed, and opened the first page.

After a while, I couldn't take it any longer. I knew I had missed dinner, but I didn't care. I just need some air. I ran as fast as I could down the stairs, turning the sharp corner, before colliding with a solid object. A warm, solid object?

As I lifted my eyeline, I traced every line of his face. He was even more beautiful up close. It wasn't until he moved his arms slightly that I realised I had a firm grip around his biceps. Athletic. Noted.

I apologised, removing myself from his skin and cursed myself silently for being so awkward. It was like I didn't know how to speak English anymore. I just froze.

"Why aren't you in the dining room?" He suddenly blurted out, quickly followed by his hand covering his mouth and his eyes widening in surprise over his words. It wasn't until then that I realised how large his hands really were. Only one covered three quarters of his face, and I couldn't help but let my mind wander to the thoughts of how it would feel wrapped around mine.

I had always been petite and feminine. My body shape wasn't that of a typical male, and quite frankly if I wasn't the heir to the throne, I think I would have been the most popular choice of the bullies in school.

I relaxed around him slightly once he slipped up, realising that he was just a normal boy. No one brought up in our world would have done anything else other than mutter my title, bow their head, and continue walking. He was different. And I was in deep trouble with my heart.

"I wasn't hungry." I shrugged and he removed his hand from his face, relieved that I wasn't angry with him for his outburst. He was still uncomfortable though, so I tried my absolute best to use a soft voice. "Where are you going?"

He stuttered over his words for a few moments, trying to find the right thing to say. He was struggling and I wasn't sure if he was just nervous to talk to me or if he didn't want to share the information I had asked for. Eventually, he muttered a quiet "home".

I smiled at him, stepping aside with a gentle nod so that he could leave. Roman came striding over after noticing the interaction but I stopped him approaching the boy with a hand to his chest.

"Roman. Follow him discretely. I want to know where he lives. Don't get caught and don't tell anyone."

I waited in the living room for Roman to return, bouncing my knee up and down to pass the time. It wasn't long before he returned, even though it sure felt like forever. The look on his face made me panic, and he let out a deep breath as he sat down next to me.

Once he had finished explaining I was shocked. This boy was living on the streets? His family were with him too, and I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep that night if I didn't do something about it.

I raced upstairs and hesitated outside Father's office for a moment to collect myself. I knocked sharply three time, awaiting a response before I entered and took a seat in front of his desk. Thankfully, he seemed to be in a good mood.

I explained the boy's situation, leaving once Father proposed to me that the boy could live at the palace with his family. I wasn't sure if he would accept, but I said that I would offer in the morning. That's all I could do, right?

My heart was racing that night, my brain going over what I would say to him on repeat until the soothing repetitiveness sent me into a deep sleep, dreaming contently about a pair of green eyes, a dimpled grin and curly brown hair.

Harry's POV

That night was awful. More and more robberies had been taking place, and for our safety I had been leaving my money in the bread bin of the kitchen. That didn't mean I wasn't scared. Gemma and mum were cuddled under our blanket as I sat up against the wall, hugging my knees to my chest as I thought about the Prince.

He hadn't been mad at me for asking such a personal question. I was such an idiot. But the way that I couldn't get him out of my thoughts was causing my head to spin. His fingertips were pressed against my skin, and it had felt as though they were burning into me.

His eyes had raked over my face, taking in every feature as he let me admire his eyes. He was smaller than me and I loved it, picturing the way that he would fit perfectly against my body. His curves were mesmerising, but I could tell that he hated them. He always wore bagging clothing unless he was riding, which was when I was able to admire his hourglass figure best.

It then dawned on me, after being caught up in my own feelings, that according to the world, our Prince was straight. Although, based on how wrong they are about everything else, I couldn't be sure. And if he was, why would Princess Lottie make that comment about him liking my braided hair?

That reminded me; I would braid my hair in the morning in case he came to talk to me. Yeah right. Like he would go out of his way to speak to me. I'm a cook. He's a Prince. There's no way in hell, even if he was gay, that he would fall for me. I wasn't anything special.

Our first proper Larry interaction! Lots more to come. Thinking of uploading two chapters a day so it will all be up by this time next week! 

Please share this book with other people who you think will enjoy it too! All the love x