Chapter 26: Dreams come true

Louis's POV

We were home for six months before Harry started acting weird. The honeymoon was amazing, magical and never-ending, but we had to eventually jump back into reality. He was absent for most of the day, never telling me where he was whilst I was working in my office. We swam a couple of times, but mostly spent our free time riding Lightning or cuddling in bed. Even then, though, he seemed distant.

Initially I thought that maybe he regretted it, getting married so young that is. I started to blame myself and jumped to conclusions, and I know from past experiences that it's something I needed to stop doing. Instead, I headed to Gemma's room to chat.

"Come in!" She smiled warmly as I tucked myself around the door frame and into her desk chair. He smiled dropped, however, when I cleared my throat seriously.

"It's Harry. I'm worried that he... doesn't want to be with me anymore."

Her eyes widened. "Why on earth do you think that?"

I sighed, tears beginning to form in the corners of my eyes. "He has been really distant since we got back from Australia and he won't talk to me. I don't know what to do. Maybe he regrets marrying me so young?"

"Absolutely not." My eyes widened at her firm tone. "For God's sake, I told him this would happen." She smoothed a hand over her forehead and groaned.

"So, you know what's wrong?"

"Yes. Listen to me. Harry loves you more than anything in the world. He's just scared that... something he doesn't want me to tell you will change the way you think about him." I scrunched my face in confusion. "Harry has never been one to take charity, you know that which is why I told him you would understand. He didn't agree and said he didn't want any help so kept it from you."

"Kept what from me?"

"It's not bad, Louis, so please don't freak out. Just talk to him. I made him a promise that I wouldn't tell anyone, not even mum if she asked."

"At least tell me where I can find him?"

She sighed. "In the dance studio."

I nodded and thanked her, strutting the full length of the palace before I reached the double wooden doors. I could hear a soft melody playing in the background, and it grew louder as I pushed my way inside. My eyes first rested upon Harry's chest, bare and sweaty, but soon raised to his face. He had clearly been dancing, but froze when he saw me, a shocked and parted mouth lying between his cheeks.

"Harry, we need to talk, love."

He nodded, turning to the music box to switch it off, and grabbed a bottle of water before sitting on the floor. I placed myself beside him and hesitantly snuck my palm into his. He wrapped his fingers around my own and sighed, rubbing a comforting thumb over my wrist.

"I know what you want to talk about. And I'm sorry for keeping it from you. I just feel as though everything I have done in my life, everything that I have, I didn't earn. I didn't work for anything; it was just handed to me. By you. And I'm not saying that it's a good or bad thing, just that it's a fact. I want to do this on my own, Lou. And as much as you want to help, I need you to respect that."

I was shocked, slightly confused, but shocked that he had opened up so quickly. His head rested onto my shoulder with a sigh, clearly relieved after bottling it up for so long. "I don't understand, love. I respect that you want to do things on your own, and I get why, but what is it that you've kept from me?"

"Louis..." he turned to look me in the eye. "I want to live my dream." We both paused. "I want to be a principal dancer in the Royal Ballet."

I smiled and nodded, about to open my mouth but he cut me off. "I know you're going to say that you can get me in, and that you think I'm good enough, but that's not how I want this to happen. I signed up for an audition on Tuesday next week. That's why I've been absent; I needed to rehearse. I need to prove to myself that I could've done this whether I was Harry Styles, the boy from the street, or His Majesty King Harry Tomlinson of Buckingham Palace. Please understand, Lou."