Chapter 18.1 Dance of hungry spirits around the cradle of immortality

Still dancing with spirits, Shen noticed that the procession was turning back. He watched this strange scene with surprise until he realized that the procession was turning into a circle.

Here is it! In the center of this circle must be a meadow!

The darkness began breaking away from the east. The last star brightly sparkled above their heads. Its light separated from the sky and floated down quickly. It fell in the center of the circle and shattered like a raindrop, spilling its light on the gathered spirits. They screamed with delight.

A big drop of light fell right at the protagonist's head. It turned out that it was harmless or even beneficial, because the boy smiled like consuming this light.

Splashes of light fell on Shen's arm. He felt these splashes scorched his golden core in his chest. He gasped and nearly fell, holding his arm to the chest. It wasn't hurt, looking more like his breath was taken away by a sudden gust of wind.

Honee, who still was nearby, suddenly snatched the mask off the protagonist's face.

«Damn you!!» Shen yelled in his mind. The main character always gets into trouble!

To boy's credit, he didn't lose his head and whipped out the sword. The spirits around yelled that there was a cultivator among them.

"Tear him down!" was heard from all directions.

Shen whipped his sword out, reached the protagonist in one leap and fronted the first wave of attack. Muan and Annis decisively joined the battle, revealing themselves after Shen.

"Go to the center!" Shen shouted to them.

The spirits went mad completely. If earlier they raged, seeing a cultivator in the procession, but satisfied with kicking him out of their rows, now they attacked with such fury, like trying to devour. Apparently, the closeness of the divine meadow gave power to them because even weak lights caused a significant spending of spiritual powers, jumping on Shen's sword.

Shen took hold of Al by the cuff of his neck and threw him towards the space where in the other dimension the meadow of thousand spirits is hidden. After that he did the same with the main heroine. The girl only screamed offended, not noticing that only this Shen's harsh gesture saved her from the fangs of an angry spirit.

"Now then! Follow them!" he shouted to Muan, who was fighting in the cordon.

Honee suddenly approached Shen, but far enough away from the sword, and hissed furiously: "Only you were allowed to enter the meadow! The rest will die!!"

Shen realized that he shouldn't have made the kids jump the sword. It was necessary to immediately follow them, but he can't leave Muan!

"Maybe you won't slow down there?!" he shouted. "You won't kill them all anyway!"

Shouting at Muan, Shen distracted himself. Black hair wrapped around his wrists, neck, waist and legs, diminishing all attempts to resist. Shen let go hold of the immortal sword and folded his fingers in a gesture of control. The sword flew through the air, intending to cut the hair, but small spirits were constantly substituted under the blade, stubbornly seeking death and not giving an opportunity to get free!

Damn suicides!!

Meanwhile, Honee, who, in fact, was the owner of the hair that had wrapped around Shen, approached him and said:

"I'll eat you! I'll absorb you along with the darkness lurking in you!"

Damn you with your fickle desires!

Shen's immortal sword flashed, filled with the remnants of spiritual energy, slashing dozen of mad spirits and stuck into Honee's back at the same time. The demonic spirit howled and shook its hands, trying to reach and draw the sword from its back. Because of the pain that pierced him, he tossed from side to side and flew out of the procession, rising high into the air. Shen, still wrapped in his hair, was pulled after him. They hung high above the meadow when Shen sent another order to the sword. It abruptly fetched away Honee's back and cut off his head. Already falling, the sword cut off Honee's hair that was holding Shen. After that, the sword began to fall to the ground quickly, devoid of spiritual energy.

Shen felt that the hair had lost its strength. It no longer squeezed him, not allowing him to move, but simply entangled around him. He noticed it only after a while, falling backwards, since there was almost no spiritual energy left inside him. A sharp pain pierced the hand with the seal, but it didn't matter. He just fell down, unable to even slow down the fall.

On the edge of escaping consciousness, he felt as if someone had picked him up.