Chapter 47.1. Doll for your funeral

The wind was blowing in the room, which looked more like the vault of a cave. He fanned the coals in the braziers and ruffled the white canopy of the large high bed. On it, carefully wrapped in a scarlet blanket, lay a young man with long snow-white hair. His features were thin and sore, as if his skin had not seen sunlight for many years. The man was asleep. He had slept for years. But Regar believed that one day his son would wake up. Soon. He sacrificed so much for this. Sitting on the edge of the bed, he gently stroked the sleeping man's head.

"These cultivators gripped like pincers," said the girl in disgust as she paced the center of the room. "We gave them every chance to get out of here - they did not use them. It looks like we'll have to deal with them after all. However, their powers will only help us to bring his awakening closer."

"What do you intend to do?" asked the headman E.

"I'll disarm them first, then I'll catch them," Mori smiled ominously. "I've already made the most dangerous spellcaster lose a dragon's share of his power.

"In my opinion, the cultivator in red robes is just as worrisome.

"Yes, he is the most tenacious of them. He certainly wants to get to the bottom of the truth. And quite vigilant - I never got close enough to him."

"So your dolls are useless against him?"

"Who said? I just said that I myself could not get close to him. But the maids cleaning the room found a black hair on the pillow. All the cultivators are already in our hands, it remains only to draw out more strength from them."

"This white-haired boy... Maybe we will not touch him? He alone poses no threat."

"What," Mori grimaced, "reminds you of a son? Oh well. I will kill him quickly. You understand that nothing of what is happening should not go beyond the village."

Headman E was silent, bowing his head.

"This boy's sacrifice will help you awaken your son," Mori reminded.

The headman nodded in agreement.

"Don't you see?" Shen asked.

He got to his feet, walked over to Muan and began to move his hand right in front of his nose. After a while, unable to bear it, Muan grabbed his hand.

"So you see."

"I don't see, but I have other senses to distinguish your movements."

Shen touched his temples with his fingers.

"So," he said after a minute, "this is not an evil spirit's trick. I think our "puppeteer" did his best."

"How did she do it?!"

Shen remembered young Maury clinging to Muan and admiring his hair.

"That's the whole answer," he concluded, reminding of the Glory Peak Lord.

"Can you break this curse?!"

"Well..." Shen thought seriously. "I think yes. But for this I need your doll, with the help of which the curse was committed."

"Let's go in search of her!" Muan exclaimed decisively, gripping his sword.

"Can you?" Shen wondered.

"Such a trifle will not stop me!" said the lord and walked out the door without even knocking on the doorframe.

This fact encouraged Shen, and he followed. Stopping in the corridor, he called Al and Annis to the whole house. Al immediately jumped out from the side of the kitchen, but Annis did not appear. Frowning, Shen knocked on the young lady's room, hoping that Annis was still asleep. He had a bad feeling.