C3 | NEW BOSS

On Monday I went back to work. During my weekend and also my off days I was almost living in the hospital. Miyoung and Nayeon were practically the only reason why I went back to my house to shower.

I was a little at ease to leave for work knowing Miyoung is a bit okay, that being said, I stood up from my bed and headed straight to my bathroom to take a quick shower, then I wore my usual get up for work. I cooked a sandwich and brewed my coffee for breakfast. I made sure to lock my house before riding the city bus towards my workplace.

I crossed paths with Jihyo on the way, she had a piece of half-eaten bread and some cafe coffee in hand.

"Hey! Where'd you go last Friday?" She asked finishing her bread.

"Had to check on Miyoung." I answered shortly.

"Oh, how is she?" She gave a sympathetic look.

"She's getting by." I gave her a small smile in the means to explain the rest.

Jihyo and I left towards our working station, I went to the CEO's floor.

Our intern, Annie was already sitting behind our desk. She's part of our new batch of interns this year and she happens to be stuck with me, poor her.

She gave me a nod as I took my seat next to her, fo an intern she's pretty chill, though she's a bit of an introvert, well that's what others say, I think she doesn't want to befriend anybody or doesn't find the need to.

"Morning." I greeted her while I fixed my stuff on my space.

"G'morning." She answered without looking at me.

"Big Boss here yet?" I asked while looking at my watch, it was still pretty early but who knows if Big boss decided to come early today.

"Were you absent last Friday?" She finally looked at me, her blonde hair was still in her usual hairstyle and her blue eyes still looked at me with boredom.

"I wasn't but I kinda skip out halfway through the event." 

"You know we have a new boss right? I don't think she'll appreciate you calling her 'big boss'." 

And that's when the reason why last Friday's event happened, it slipped through my mind that our now-former boss is resigning and his daughter is taking his place.

"Right, I forgot. She here yet? We haven't been formally introduced."

"Yeah, she's here. Big boss is with her, he told me to inform you that he's gonna wait for you." She said and went back to what she was originally doing before I came here.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?" I immediately stood up and walked toward's the CEO's office, I fixed my clothes first before knocking, "Sir? It's Y/n."

"Come in." I heard a muffled voice replied. I took a deep breath before opening the door and going in. Mr. Myoui was the only one there though.

I frowned at the thought but greeted my boss nonetheless.

"Let's wait for Mina, she's still in the bathroom." He said answering my question inside my head. He looked over behind me where the bathroom is.

So Mina is her name.

Turns out Mr. Myoui was not supposed to be here today but since I never met his daughter last Friday, he decided to acquaint the two of us today.

I apologized to him for leaving the event without notice but he just brushes it off almost immediately.

I was gonna engage Mr. Myoui in an idle conversation when the bathroom door opened. "Ah, she's here." 

I turned around with a polite smile on my face but that immediately dropped when I saw who Mr. Myoui's daughter is.

"Mina, meet Y/n, he's my personal assistant, now yours. Y/n, this is my daughter, Mina." Mr. Myoui was immediately eager for the two of us to meet.

She looked at me for a solid three seconds before stretching her hand out for a supposed handshake. "Nice to meet you." She smiled, well almost grinned at me.

I was still a bit shocked but I slowly shook her hand, "Y-Y/n."

Her grin grew wider.