C8 | SICK

Y/n

It's Monday and my boss is nowhere to be found.

"Nothing?" I asked Annie after she placed her phone down.

"She's not picking up."

I sighed and looked at the time, her meeting will start in just an hour but she's still not here. Her driver still hasn't got back so I'm guessing she'll be driving herself to work.

"Okay, 20 minutes prior the meeting we'll cancel it, and by noon I'll try calling her, if nothing then we'll reschedule everything she has for today." Annie nodded.

I sent Mina a text, 'Where are you?'

I doubt she'll answer, she didn't even answer her phone.

And as much as I'd like to go out and look for her I couldn't, I have to handle everything since she's gone.

Thought I made a mental note to go by her place tonight.

I went inside her office with the coffee I bought for her in hand, it's not as hot as it used to be considering I bought this like 15 minutes ago.

I sat on a sofa and drank the coffee.

I wonder if she's mad because of what happened in Friday. Since then we haven't seen each other nor talked.

A little while later, I went back to my desk and started my work, starting of with cancelling her meeting.

It was a little after noon, just after I rescheduled all her agenda for today, when someone texted me.

It was Mina. I hurriedly opened the message that she sent me.

'I'm sick.'

So she was absent because she was sick.

But she lives alone, who the hell is gonna take care of her?

I put on my coat and tidied up my things.

"Where're you going?" Annie asked as she walked back from the toilet.

"Something came up, emergency. You know what to do if anything happens here, if it's serious call me." I told her before leaving.

I hailed a cab and went to Mina's penthouse.

I opened her door using the spare key she gave me.

"Mina?" I called after shutting the door behind me.

I put my coat on her hang rack beside the door before looking for her in her room.

I found her laying on her bed, her covers were by her neck.

She was sleeping and I didn't want to wake her up but I need to.

"Mina, hey wake up." I started doing so until she did.

"Y/n?" She squinted her eyes at me.

"Yeah it's me."

"What are you doing here?"

"I'm gonna take care of you."

She didn't say anything back and just stared at me.

"Have you eaten?" She shook her head, "Since breakfast?" She nod.

"Christ, you must be starving, wait here." I said before scurrying off to her kitchen.

Since she was sick I just cook porridge, and she needed to eat as soon as possible.

I walked back to her bedroom with a bowl of porridge.

"Mina." Her eyes were closed so I called her.

"Hmm?"

"Sit up, so you can eat."

"I don't want to."

"Come on I'll feed you."

"Really?" She asked.

"Yes, really, now come on." She did what she was told and sat up on her bed, while I took a small stool and used it to sit beside her bed.

"Here." I slowly brought the spoon to her lips after blowing on it.

Thankfully she ate until she finished all of it.

I then asked Nayeon about her, giving her Mina's symptoms, turns out she has a fever.

"Aren't you a little bit stupid not knowing I have a fever? I mean that's so common." Mina joked.

"I was panicking okay?"

"You care for me?"

"Of course I do."

She didn't say anything for a while, "You know I'd kiss you if I weren't sick."

I just gave her a look.

"Wait here, I'll go out and buy some medicine for you, want some comfort food?"

"Fries."

"Alright." I went out.

Thankfully a fastfood restaurant was close to the pharmacy, so I didn't have to go far.

"You need to take this twice a day, so take the other one later after dinner." Mina nodded as she took her medicine.

"You'll stay here till then?"

"Yes, you live alone, who's gonna take care of you?"

She smiled and I found myself smiling back.

"Can we watch a movie?" She suddenly requested.

"Your tv is in the living room."

"I can walk."

"But you need to rest."

"Please Y/n? I feel even more sick if I just lay here all day."

I sighed, "Fine."

I help her get to the living room and helped her sit on the couch before turning her television on.

"What do you wanna watch?" I asked, sitting beside her holding the remote.

She ended up wanting to rewatch the pirates of the Caribbean original trilogy.

"Order some food." She told me.

"You just had fries."

"That wasn't enough."

"What do you want?" I said pulling up my phone and opening a delivery app.

(A/N: Kitams Food Panda? Grab? H-Hire nyo pa sana ako ma singit ko kayo dito.)

"Sushi, the good quality made one."

"Picky aren't you?"

Nonetheless I ordered what she wanted and ordered for myself.

Just after a few minutes our order arrived and I placed it on the coffee table in front.

"Yey!" She enthusiastically said as she digged in.

I just smiled at her before biting on my burger.

"Give me some." She said.

"You have yours, you should've told me you wanted burger."

"Y/n! Give me some, come on." She whined and I was forced, I repeat forced to give her my burger.

She even took the other burger.

"Since I'm a good person I'll let you take a bite." She said.

"Haha." I sarcastically laughed but bite on the burger anyways.