C10 | IMPROMPTU

We arrived in Daejeon a little after 2.

We went to the construction site, normally other people will be overseeing the progress here, sometimes I do too but for this certain project, Mina insisted on overseeing it herself.

Have I mentioned we're a construction company? Yep that's what we do.

Mina seated herself inside the big blue construction site tent. She complained it was too hot so I was the one who went out looking for the supervisor here, along with the head engineer.

Once I found them and brought them back to where Mina was they started their impromptu meeting.

And just before 3 they finally finished. Mina told them to keep up the good work and bid them good bye.

"Will we be heading back Ms. Myoui?" Mina's driver asked.

"No, you can go back to Seoul, I'll be staying here for a while, bring the car with you." She said which surprised me.

"You sure Miss?" Mina only nodded.

Mr. Song reluctantly went back to the company car and left.

"Why are we staying here?" I asked her.

"To have a date."

"Say what now?"

"A date, we'll have a date before I date the representative next week. So you wouldn't be jealous anymore."

"Who said I was." I denied.

"You did." I just sighed, I barely win over this woman, why even try.

"So why did you make Mr. Song leave?"

"Hmm, first, you don't want anyone to know about us, him included, so I believe you wouldn't like for him to see the two of us making out on the back of the car."

"Really?" I asked in disbelief.

"And second, it's his little brother's birthday, he didn't tell me about it maybe because he just got back from his leave, also I feel sorry for the kid." She said with a little sigh.

"Why so?"

"He's suffering from autism, so pretty sure he would want his older brother there in his birthday." I was surprised that Mina knows about this. Maybe this woman is kind after all- scratch that she is kind.

We fell silent after that, then Mina started walking.

"Where to?" I asked.

"The bus stop, then let's go to a park." She answered while still walking.

"You're heading the wrong way." I said making her stop.

"I knew that." She lied before walking the other way.

"Still the wrong way." I chuckled.

She rolled her eyes before standing in front of me with her arms crossed.

"Where is the right way then?"

"There's none. The nearest bus stop is in the city proper, let me remind you we're in a construction site."

I fished my phone, "I'll call a cab."

And so I did afterwards I told her it'll take about 3 minutes to get here.

"I was hoping to ride the bus."

"Why?"

"I never rode one."

"Rich." I just shrugged.

She didn't say anything, "We'll ride the bus back to Seoul, you okay with that?"

She nodded eagerly and smiled at me.

A little while after, the cab I called finally arrived, we told the driver to just take us to the nearest park. He suggested Hanbat Arboretum, I heard it was a nice place for a walk so we agreed.

 He suggested Hanbat Arboretum, I heard it was a nice place for a walk so we agreed

"The trees look good." Mina complemented as we walked on the pavement.

"Yeah." I agreed while taking a single leaf from her hair.

"It's peaceful." She murmured before sighing.

"Aren't you tired of walking?" I asked her.

"I'm hungry than tired."

I started to look around and found a few stalls.

"There's some fish cakes, you want me to buy some?"

She only nodded and sat on a bench nearby while I went to buy the fish cakes.

The ahjussi was very kind and had a genuine smile as he sold me fish cakes, he somehow reminds me of the vendors outside my high school.

I went back to Mina with the fish cakes in hand.

"Here." I gave her one before sitting next to her.

"Thank you."

We started eating quietly, Mina was finished while I was still half way through.

I felt her lean against me with her head on my shoulder.

"Tired?"

"How long has it been?" She asked instead.

"Since?"

"Since we started this thing between us."

"Hmm." I started counting inside my head, "It's almost three months I think."

"Three months, that's pretty long."

I nodded. I actually didn't think our complicated relationship would last this long, I thought she'll eventually get bored of it and call it off, but I guess not.

"Y/n?"

"Yeah?"

"You'll stay wouldn't you?" She looked up at me.

I was silent, I didn't know what to answer to that.

"You don't have to answer that." She said before placing her head back to my shoulder.

I can only look down.

A/n: This is getting boring.