DAY 8 - PART 2

When I woke up, the Glade was quiet. I couldn't tell if dinner had already happened or not. Everyone wasn't at the campfire.

A little bit of panic went through me at the thought that the boys might have gone back in the Maze without me.

I immediately started looking around for someone I knew. Chuck, Alby, Fry.

I couldn't see any of them. But, maybe they were all still working. I had thought that none of the boys would bother me anymore. But, that was before the box stopped coming back up.

Like Gally had said earlier, what if it was because of me?

Okay, I was starting to freak myself out. I needed to go look for everyone.

I got up to walk to the Homestead. Fry should be there, either cooking dinner or cleaning it up.

I guess me being a runner today he excused me from my duties as a Cook. No one had tried to wake me for dinner prep.

It was just so weird out. People weren't in their beds. Only some of the younger, quieter boys were wandering around or at the fire pit. But, I also didn't see Chuck.

I made it to the Homestead and looked around, but I didn't see or hear anyone.

If they weren't out and weren't in the Homestead, then they must be in the Council Room right?

I made my way over, and sure enough, I heard people taking, yelling.

I was about to open the door, when someone grabbed my arm.

"(Y/N)! Over here!"

Oh thank god, it was Chuck.

"Hey Chuck, what's going on?" I was really on edge now.

"It's the doors. They didn't close. Everyone's been taking about it. And, um, I just don't know if it'd be a good idea for you to go in there."

They probably blamed me for that too.

"Thomas told me to let you sleep but to look out for you."

Of course he did. And for once, I wasn't mad about being looked over.

I settled up against the side of the Council Room, me and Chuck both trying to hear what they were saying.

"... not her fault! She has no memories just like the rest of us!" Newt, defending me.

"We don't know what she remembers. She could easily be lying to our faces." Gally.

"Why would that even make any sense Gally?" Thomas sounded irritated.

"Who knows?! Maybe she was sent by them to spy on us!"

"Gally, they already have the beetle blades, why would they need more spies."

"Look, all I know is Alby and I both saw her and Thomas in the Changing, and now we have no more boxes and the damn doors won't close."

"Which is exactly why we should be discussing out strategy for keeping everyone safe! Not whether some innocent girl is the cause, when clearly it's the Creators!" Newt again.

Hopefully they'd actually switch gears. I didn't wanna be the subject of a witch hunt.

"Just because you're all in love with her doesn't mean she's innocent."

Ugh, he made my blood boil.

"How about we go get her and question it out of her?" he suggested. I heard some cheers.

Shit, Gally was one thing, but if he had the other boys on his side. There was only so far I could run.

Chuck clasped his hand around my arm.