He'll Age

Victoria's POV

I keep rolling on my bed for hours, I finally decided that I to get my ass off the bed and do something until I fall asleep. Carefully tiptoeing down the stairs so they won't hear me. Vamp-hearing is a disadvatage sometimes, I mean, you can hear everything!

I went in the kitchen getting milk. Yep, I'm that desperate for sleep. I just wanna sleep off everything and worry about things tomorrow, but no! My stupid brain won't let me sleep! I just walked around the house until my feet led me to the basement. I know it's not nice to snoop around, but hey! I'm bored...

I just started fiddling on the books. Flipping through the pages, sneezing because of dust. I pretty much did everything I could to fall asleep.

I sat down on a chair the the basement doing nothing, Until finally, time came and sleepiness hit me in the face.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Next Day

I woke up with my head rested on the table as I remembered I slept here last night. Too lazy to stand up.

When I finally got the energy to get up, I did. Good thing I had spare clothes in the basement. Just to prove this is a huge house, they have a bathroom in the basement! I know right?!

I walked up to the living room to see Carter sitting there with Nik smirking at me like an idiot, which I gladly ignored as I walked to the kitchen to eat. Duh.

I started munching on my cereal as I saw Carter leaning on the wall just standing there. Staring me. Which I find creepy and disrespectful.

"Can I help you?" I spoke softly but anger was bubbling up in me. I didn't even look up to him. "Ah! She speaks!" He jokes. Which is absolutely not funny as he walk to stand in front of me.

I stood up in irritation. He caught my arm. "Carter, it's early. I don't want to fight with you today. So please, go" I said calmly trying not to lose myself.

Luckily, he let go of my arm and nodded. As he passed by, he whispered in my ear "See you at the ball" as he kissed my cheek and gave me a warm smile.

I just rolled my eyes as he stepped out. I know, I'm heartless. I stood there for a few minutes. "It's 9 am and I hear arguing." I turned to see Caroline.

"Sorry, why was he here anyway?" I asked Nik, crossing my arms. "He's here to talk to you, love" He replied smiling.

"Haha. Way to brighten up my morning" I said sarcastically. I went back to my eating. I heard giggles which I recognize are from Elena. Annoying as fuck.

She walked in the kitchen with Kol. She stopped giggling when she saw me. "Oh...uh...Good morning" She replied as she met my eyes and quickly looking away. I mentally rolled my eyes at her.

"Nothing good about it, but sure. Goodmorning." I said sarcastically energetic. She walked next to me as she opened to fridge.

I looked up to Kol and gave him a half smile, which shocked him knowing we're not on good terms. "Why was Carter here yesterday? I thought he ran off after I threw him against the wall?" That question just rolled out of my tongue and sounded bitter. Where did that come from?

Kol answered "We just had a little chat" The way he said it made me feel like Carter told them something. Which scared the hell out of me. I just shrugged and ate

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

7 hours later

"VICTORIA! Why aren't you dressed yet?!" Bekah is overly stressed. "Oh, was I going?" I knew this would annoy her which made me smirk.