You Had Your Chance Before

A/N: One hell of a chapter ahead, I think a lot of you will love this one. I really enjoyed writing it. So here you go!

Victoria's POV

Rushing through the hospital halls, Elijah hot on my heels. Tears brimming my eyes as I made it to the reception. "Carter Williams" With a shaking voice, I stuttered out.

The nurse behind the desk, looked at me with pity and quickly pulled out a folder, flipping through the pages. "Room 136" Not wasting my time, I ran.

I saw Caroline, Klaus, and Kol standing in front of the room Carter's in.

Their heads snapped towards me and noticed my tear strained face. Caroline slowly approached me, taking me in an embrace.

Pulling back, I faced all of them."What happened? How is he?" My voice cracked and my throat hurts. I looked up to them, Nik spoke.

"His heartbeat slowed down but he's being revived" Nik said, slowly like he was talking to a child.

being revived? Like he's actually dying?

My eyes widened at the thought. "I need to see him" sprinting towards the door, a pair of arms grabbed me by the waist "Let go, Elijah" I squirm against his tight grasp.

He spun me, making me look at him as he took my face between his hands and looked me in the eyes. "It's alright. Look at me. The doctors are doing their best, he's going to be fine" I shook my head aggressively at his attempt to calm me down.

I steeped back from him "No he's not! Stop convincing me that he's gong to be fine! He's not! 'Cause no matter what we do, he's going to die!' I yelled at him, not caring if people stared.

I buried my face in my hands, sobs escaped my lips and I felt warm arms, pulled towards a chest. I inhaled Elijah's familiar scent.

_____________________

After Elijah calmed me down, we all sat and waited for the doctors to come out with news. Caroline came back with coffee and handed it to me.

Taking it and nodding in thanks, I said "You can go home, I'm going to stay here" She gave me a look and I knew she was going to protest so I beat her to it

"I'm going to be okay, Caroline you all look exhausted. Go and rest"

I looked over to Nik then Kol and nodded for them to go. Nik walked towards me and kissed my forehead before taking Caroline's hand and walking away.

Glancing up at Kol, I motioned for him to follow them and gave him a reassuring smile, he smiled back and left.

"You can go too, you know. I can handle myself" I said to Elijah, looking down to my lap.

I felt his hand squeeze mine lightly and I gazed up at him from under my lashes.

"I think it's best if I stay here with you, my dear" He responded, lifting my chin up.

Closing my eyes, I took a deep breath "Elijah you don't hav-" I was cut off by him, running his thumb down my lips.

"I don't have to. But, I want to, stop rejecting other people's help, dear. I do this because I simply care about you so much. Not because I have to. I'm not doing this to show how a gentleman I am as they paint me as. I am doing this
because I want to." He finished his little speech and smiled at me which I returned.

"Thank you, Elijah" I muttered as a doctor came out of the room, causing me to jump up my seat.

"Are you related to Mr. Williams?" The doctor asked, eyeing Elijah and I.