I Love It That Way

Victoria's POV

"That someone is you, Carter...If that's what you want...I'll try to love you the way you want me to...Just please...don't leave me.." Tears streamed down my face as I caressed his cheek with my palm.

He moved my hand away. "That's the point, Victoria...you don't love me at all, you love Kol, not me." He was whispered with pain. I can't really describe what I'm feeling right now.

"I don't lo-" I tried to deny but he cut me off. "Stop denying it, Victoria...we both know, from the start that you love him more than anything, you would die for him if that's what it takes. I can't compete to that"

"I love you, Victoria...And I would like to think that you feel the same way...but you don't...I hope one day, I would meet a girl like you again...which is once in a million years...but I'll gladly wait" He gave me a weak smile and lifted my chin up to look at him

He kissed my cheek "Take care of yourself" And he walked away.

He left and I didn't even do anything to stop him. I denied that I still love Kol...do I?

I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard footsteps approaching me. I was sitting at the swing outside at the front porch, I looked up to see Damon giving me a slight smile.

He sat down next to me. There was a long period of silence before I grew some guts to talk "He left, Damon" I started tearing up again.

Damnit! I hate looking weak around people. But sometimes, I just can't help it!

Damon wrapped his arms around me, rocking me back and forth. "I know, everything is going to be okay..." He whispered comfortingly to my ear.

"They all l-leave m-me Damon" I cried too much that my words were barely understandable.

"I'm right here for you.." He said.

We stayed on the swing for awhile when realization hit me hard.

"DAMON! You're here!" Omg. I'm panicking as fuck. He couldn't be here...no no no...

He jumped at the loudness of my voice. "Can you not yell. Yes, I'm here. I thought you would be happy to see your bestfriend?" He asked faking a sad face.

"Yes, I am. But, why are you here?" I asked nervously. Fuck this!

He looked deeply in my eyes. "Hmm. Is something wrong?" He asked me suspiciously.

Damn it!

"No, of course not!" I laughed falsely. I told you I'm bad at lying to Damon. "Come on, let's go inside. Make your presence known" I smiled nervously.

As we walked in, I yelled "Damon's here!" A second later, the whole family is right in front of us, including Elena.

Ugh. Idiot

Damon smiled at Elena and she returned it hesitantly. He approached her and gave her a hug. "I missed you, Elena" He said sincerely. Elena looked at me as I nodded my head.

"Me too, Damon" She replied hugging back. I let out a sigh of relief. They pulled away as I glanced over to Kol who growled lowly.

I'm surprised he hadn't attempted to kill Damon yet. I broke the awkward silence "Caroline & Nik are engaged!" I exclaimed happily. "We should throw an engagement party!!" Bekah said with enthusiasm and we all agreed.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

We were all seated at the living room, finding a perfect event to announce Nik & Caroline's engagement. Bekah found one...