That Makes Two Of Us Then

//YAS. THIS IS IT GUYS! THE MOMENT OF TRUTH! THE MOMENT SHE CHOOSES! HAPPY READING//

Third Person

"Over there please" Victoria pointed beside Carter's coffin to put the flowers.

Today was his funeral. The day for farewells, thanks and sorrows. Victoria had prepared a speech for later. She stood there in front of the coffin in St. Anne's Church where the event will take place.

Even Victoria couldn't believe it herself that she arranged a funeral within a day--then again, Caroline and Rebekah did help her so--it's faster than usual.

Victoria hasn't told him yet. She feels that the time is inappropriate for that sort of situation--though she promised to herself that when all of this is done, she will resume her life as it was before.

But for now, she had to stop and grieve. Let all her tears fall until she grows tired of it. She promised Carter that she will take care of herself.

She intends to keep it.

"You okay?" A voice suddenly brought her out of trance. She looked up to see the raven haired vampire that she kinda yelled at, last time they spoke.

"Damon..." She managed to smile at him, given their current scenario. "Yeah-" She cut herself off as she saw the look Damon was giving her. "No...actually, I'm not. But I will be" She sighed and Damon walked over to her, wrapping his arms around Victoria.

"Thank you for being here" She murmured, hugging back.

________________________

"Carter Williams was a great leader and a fair commander. He knows what to do and how to do it. He led a wonderful pack of wolves perfectly...I mean look at them, strong, brave independent. I'm sure he taught them well..He puts himself responsible for what ever happens to them--blames himself even if wasn't one to blame"

Victoria paused, looking up to the people who were listening to her speech. Among those people, were the Mikaelsons along with Caroline and Damon who smiled up to her in reassurance.

She honestly didn't know if she could finish the whole speech without bursting into tears. She was even surprise to get those many words out without stuttering. But with her loved ones here, it gave her the right amount of strength and confidence to get through this.

So she continued..

"He was also a very very good friend of mine--he was my best friend, actually. I considered him as my brother since we met when we were still at a very young age. He was kind, caring and intelligent--He basically taught me almost everything I know, from archery to dancing long agonizing foot aching waltz" She chuckled dryly, holding back the tears as the crowd joined her.

"So I believe that he was the one of those who made me see the amazing stretches of life, the limits on which I can push through. Taught me things in an extraordinary way no one could've shown other than him. 'Till now, I still can't put it on myself that, last night was when our last words were exchanged, last laugh, last smile, last dance. But he told me, that wasn't goodbye...and I do believe him--one day, we're gonna see each other again. Not today nor tomorrow but someday."

"He was the one I could blab about my dramatic life and he'd always know what to say, how to make me feel better and I just don't know what kind of person I would be if I hadn't met him." Victoria stopped and glanced at the coffin, where his best friend is laying.

"He might not be here physically anymore, but I know he's always gonna be in my heart-where he's always been" A slight smile curved on her lips. "Goodbye, for now, Carter...you will be missed but never forgotten" As she finished her speech, she let a few tears drop from her eyes and she stepped down the stage.