I Need To Tell Her

(Please read the author's note at the end of the chapter! Thank you :) Enjoy!)

Victoria's POV

Walking around the streets of New Orleans, with a lot of things swiveling in my mind. One was, Caroline and Nik decided to move their wedding, it will take place after -as Caroline referred to as- my 'Frustration Stage.' And the other was Carter. I kinda feel bad, because I kinda feel like It's my fault. All of it.

As I walked, My eyes caught the sight of the beautiful flower shop I always go to. Entering with a smile, the florist, Vanessa, greeted me "Hello Miss Petrova, what can I help you with?" She asked and I smiled at her.

"Vanessa, no need for formalities, call me Victoria" I informed her and she nodded "As for now, I'll just look around" I added an she said "Okay, I will just be at the back, feel free call me if you need anything, Miss- I mean, Victoria" She quickly corrected herself, giving me a small smile before leaving.

I began to look around, and I feel like an idiot. I ran my fingers over to the beautiful white roses and to the daisies. I just stood there, looking at it, fiddling with the rose in my hand. It struck a memory...

Flashback (10th century)

"Where are we going?" I asked Carter, as we went deeper into the woods. He took my hands, slowly dragging me to are supposed destination.

"I found this, yesterday while I was wondering about. I thought you might want to see it" He said as he halted, pulling me forward.

I stared at the scene in front of me with awe. "This is amazing, Carter" I told him, with a glimpse of excitement within my eyes.

"Well, come on then" He said, walking towards those beautiful, colored roses. I followed close behind. As we walked among the flowers, I stopped in front of a certain one. A white rose. I don't know why, but I find them so beautiful ad fascinating.

Carter must've noticed, as he plucked one, wrapping it around a leaf so it covered the thorns. I smiled in thanks as he handed it to me.

"Promise you will keep it. Forever?" He asked. My smile widened "Of course. It will stay with me for a thousand  years!" I joked in happiness.

How ironic isn't it? I did keep it for a thousand years

End Of Flashback

Something was dripping on my hand, I had been crying the whole time? I felt someone place their hand on my shoulder, making me flinch a little, quickly wiping away the tears on my cheeks.

Taking a deep breath, I turned around to see Elijah's concerned eyes, looking straight into mine. "Marie, are you alright?" He asked with his usual polite tone. Smiling weakly, I replied "Yes, Of course. Just looking around for some flowers" Last ones came out as a whisper.

Elijah put a hand on my cheek, caressing it lightly. "I know this is probably what everybody is telling you, but I promise you, it will get better. I'm always here for you. I need you to remember that" He said truthfully. I was surprised when I was pulled into a hug.

Next thing I knew, I threw my arms around him, trying my best to control myself into not bursting into tears. I hated looking so weak and venerable around people, except for Kat, Rebekah and Caroline.

Miserably failing, I bust into sobs, burying my face into his chest "He's going to die, Elijah...I don't want to be alone..." My voice cracked, a huge lump forming on throat as I swallowed hard.

He pulled away slowly and lifted up my chin by his forefinger and thumb, looking into my eyes "You are not alone, Maria, I'm right here." He kissed my forehead as I smiled with gratitude.