Blind Creator

Ink really don't remember his first years of life, just the distant feeling of being loved and the knowledge that he was the God of Creation.

That last bit of information didn't sink in until he saw Undertale, the Original Universe of his multiverse, the only universe he didn't create.

When he landed for first time in the universe, he was fascinated, there were so many colors and so many people, all different from each other but all acting like a big family (at least in the Underground, the Humans seem happy by fighting each other in the Surface).

And Ink wanted something like that, so he tried to replicate such a beautiful Universe.

Undertale copy 1 exist for three resets before fall apart.

He feels awful for weeks after that, his first creation, the precious project that took him days to get done... disappear from one moment to another without him being able to do anything to save it.

He didn't give up, but every failure felt like a stab on his weak soul.

When he creates Underfell, a universe rule by the "Killed or be killed", he thinks that maybe the reason his universes don't last long was because they were copies and not something original.

Underfell don't fall apart, the universe was perfectly stable and Ink love it immediately.

But Underfell wasn't Undertale, and the next time Ink return to it he noticed, it wasn't just the story that was different, but for the stars Ink couldn't put a name on what was different between the two universes.

Underswap was created based on the story of Undertale, but Ink swaped the personalities of everyone, hoping that that could be enough for the universe not being considered a copy.

It works, and the artist now could see what was the principal difference between his universes and Undertale.

The Souls of Humans and Monsters.

All the souls in Undertale were darker than the souls in Underfell and Underswap, but Ink wasn't sure what was making the Souls of that color.

Outertale was an intent to change the Soul of the Monsters in something similar to the Souls in Undertale... that didn't work, the Souls were even brighter having sparkles all over them.

(Years later he come to the conclusion that the differences in the souls comes from the differences in the creators, that the darker souls were the "signature" of whoever create Undertale).

But after create Outertale, something terrible happen.

He couldn't access to Undertale anymore.

Suddenly his portals won't let him enter, he just could still see the universe, but even that was a blur, always cover with some kind of static that hurt him if pass too much time seeing it.

He... He was so confused, so scared that he had done something wrong and that cost him the access to the beautiful universe.

His access was always limited and he just unknowingly run out of his opportunities to enter?

It was because he already done various AUs by his own so some higher and unknown being decided that he not "needed" Undertale anymore to take inspiration?

And so many questions more were donde, and all remain unanswered.

Ink didn't know how much time after that he tried everything he could think of to enter to the Original Universe, but nothing worked.

He then remembers vaguely doing as much AUs he could after that, but overall, he tried even more harder to do a perfect and stable copy from the Original, he was so scared that one day he couldn't even see the images of the universe.