One-sided Tragedy

Sorry about the delay. I forgor Dust was also part of the fight.

Happy (late) Christmas I guess, how bad this is not a happy chapter :D

-o-o-o--o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

It was probably a bad sign that his first encounter with the inhabitants of this new world ended in a fight, and he couldn't even say it wasn't his fault, but in his defense, he had panicked!

It had been a shock to suddenly see a stranger at the entrance to the cave they were hiding in, and the second he saw their weapon's flash that he just acted on instinct.

Is not his fault that his first instinct upon seeing a weapon was to attack first, ask questions later!

The bug didn't even move when saw his attack coming and the skeleton-now-bug prepared himself to see the creature's remains fly away at the brutal impact.

That didn't happen.

His ax did not collide with a skull, but with another weapon.

...He's not sure if it was a good thing or a bad thing when his eyes met with others as dark as the night.

(A very familiar darkness. But the current situation didn't let him think too much about it).

A bug almost the same as the one he was attacking had come between them. They barely moved at Horror's attack; their expressions as blank as their companion behind them, like almost having their skull brutally open wasn't a big deal. Horror didn't even could see if he did any damage with how dark the cave was and with the light coming right from behind his opponent it just made seeing correctly difficult.

Horror noticed with a shudder, his axe was now showing a dent, a small one, one that he only noticed it from sheer luck. But this was the same ax that had exchanged blows against the brush of the damned Ink without even losing its edge! And now it had a dent caused from what until a moment ago seemed just an ordinary weapon?!

In any other situation, that would have been their cue to flee from there, call Nightmare or Error and wait for them to open a portal to take them to a safer place.

But the only place to run to was to the caves behind them, and that was just begging to be caught.

Neither Nightmare nor Error were around nor had they any way to get in contact with them.

And this dimension was supposed to be the safer place!

Horror didn't even see a way to get out of this just talking, he had already dealt the first blow and had never been in need to be a peacemaker against his enemies, so all he could do was to retreat from this attack and throw himself at his opponent again in hopes that his brothers didn't end up stepping in, Cross was still incapacitated from his recent panic attack and if his axe was already taking damage after only one collision, Dust's knife wouldn't last much against this swords either.

That didn't stop Dust from getting into the fight, much to his displeasure.

But this time the one he originally intended to attack intercept Dust's knife, metal collided with bone, for a moment Horror's strength wavered in surprise but instead of continuing to hold his opponent's attack, Horror's leg connected against their chest, making them back in the direction of the cave entrance.

A plan began to form in his head

If he managed to take the fight outside then there would be a chance to run away or at least have them chase him to get them away from Cross and Dust, if he convince him to let him to deal with these two, they would give priority to him, right? After all, he was the one who started the violence in the first place, Dust only followed his lead.