Pain for the Creation

All of Ink's enemies could admit, even reluctantly, that the Creator loved all of his creations.

(But that admission came with criticism about that love, about how toxic and suffocating it was, about how he was blind and deaf to the pain of a lot of those 'beloved' creations.

They knew that all the creator's love meant little compared to his terrible memory, hell, one of the many creations he left half-finished was the base where most of his enemies once hided for years!).

All the love that the almost non-existent Soul of the Creator could make him feel was poured out on his creations, from the Originals to their copies, everything was created with delicacy and care, even in the depths of a creative streak where he tended to leave an idea half-finished due to the flow of these, he always returned to finish them.

(The ones he managed to remember).

He never wanted anything more than their happiness.

So having his beautiful universes, and with them hundreds of his creations, being destroyed by Error one after another had been painful, a pain he could feel even without his paintings the same way he loved his creations without them, but at the end it was a pain he manage to live with after a few years of its beginning, despite never stop mourning for them.

But one day, one of his creations stood next to the Destroyer of so many others like him, Nightmare would not listen to reasons, pleas or threats, not from Ink, not from his own brother, not from anyone. But Ink remembers, he swears, that there was hesitation on his face each time Dream asked him to stop, even if just at the beginning, but the Creator has held on to that memory with all his strength to remind himself that he and the other Bad Sanses still had salvation!

He wouldn't deny that the pain only increased with each new member on the Destroyer's side, he couldn't understand it, he never saw it coming, he took his eyes off his creations for a moment and the next his AUs fell into chaos as they joined in the senseless slaughter of other universes.

In all the years that his fight against Error lasted his hope never once wavered, the battles against his own creations, the vile words they threw at him did not diminish his hope, seeing them degenerate from their original appearance only increased his determination to save them.

But he swears on his life that he felt his Soul break when he saw them throw themselves into the void before Error did it too, the complete joy that giving their lives for the Destroyer seemed to bring them was something he couldn't get out of his head.

Seeing how they didn't hesitate to plunge into their doom, seeing how little they cared about giving up the life Ink had given them, how little they cared about Ink in general.

(Even if his attention hadn't been stolen by the Soul of Error, he knew better than to hope that any of them even spared him a glance before dropping down).

His head had been a mess since that day that had only calmed down with the visits to Undertale, as slow as the progress to gain its Sans trust was, it was calming, it was nice and it made him happy without the need of his yellow paint. Things were finally starting to look bright among the darkness that had plagued him since the ambush.

It was getting better.

And now another of his beloved creations had jumped to his demise right in front of him.

The day had not been anything out of the ordinary, he and Blue were trying to cheer up Dream, who was in one of his increasingly recurring depressions remembering Nightmare, until the moment when a portal opened in front of them.