Endless Thoughts

I forgot to put the new appearances of these 3 in the last chapter, sorry for that.

This thing needed a timeline bc it's getting confusing (to me) so here it is:

And finally, a quick reminder on the new names:

Error = Eclipse

Nightmare = Nightlight

Horror = Hunter

Dust = Ash

Killer = Mellow

Cross = Chrome

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

Hallownest, The Abyss (A few days after "Void Communication")

It had been several days since their arrival, and he kept finding new tunnels to explore, the Abyss seemed to extend beneath all of Hallownest and probably beyond if the stories of his siblings who had left the kingdom before their dad's 'awakening' were anything to believe.

It had been a hectic few days, between all the questions they had about their new family, this new world, and finally having the time to adjust to their new physical changes, Nightlight couldn't blame his siblings for feeling overwhelmed, despite Shade Lord's suggestions to stay in the Abyss for a couple of weeks to be sure that their changes had had no adverse effects.

But suggesting to Chrome and Mellow to do something was like not telling them anything, the fact that they had stayed below for more than a day was already quite generous of them, the little they had seen of the kingdom on their first day had peaked their curiosity and it was not as if they were going on their own, Hallow, Ghost and another Old Vessel named Stone were going to accompany them, more tour guides than protectors since it didn't seem like there was anyone foolish enough to attack them on this world.

Nightlight took a random turn at a fork, pretending not to hear the sound of stones moving behind him, preferring to focus on remembering the events of the past few days, such as the fact that the re-named Hunter didn't seem to want to leave the side of one of the Old Vessels, he couldn't remember their name but he assumed it was the Vessel that found Hunter, Chrome, and Ash.

It was obvious that something had happened, but Nightlight knew better than to press his brother for information, he would get the story from him or the other two later when they felt like it.

They had all the time in the world for that now.

Minutes turned into hours, the rocks behind him continued to fall, the sound of rattling and poorly concealed explosions increased, and from time to time he climbed walls towards other caves to piss off his small stalkers, and the presence of insects became more noticeable too, but he tried to stay away from them as much as possible as soon as he heard them, although dubious that any of them would try to do anything to him, it made him uncomfortable to approach them.