The Butterfly and the Moths

He didn't know where he was, he didn't know who he was, only that there was a lot of light, firm but soft hands doing something to his Soul.

...Or at least he believed it was his Soul, it felt like firm hands were over his entire being, but sometimes it felt like it was just a specific place it was touching like it was... molding.

Yes, mold was the right word, he felt like clay in the hands of a sculptor, was he clay? Were those hands a sculptor?

But if he was clay, why was he conscious? Did clay have a conscience? At some point, when his eyes were shaped, would he open them and could he change like in that story his beloved once told him?

...His beloved.

Yes, he had a beloved.

He couldn't be clay if he had a beloved.

So, he wasn't clay... What was he? Who was he? Who held his being so delicately?

He tried to move, but his body was unresponsive.

"Calm down, you're not ready yet, we need a couple more things." It spoke a voice that he didn't recognize, but it sounded calming.

They need more of what? Was he missing something? Is that why the voice was shaping him?

But the voice did not answer his questions and he did not know how to express them.

He didn't know how long he had spent like this, he felt like clay again, growing, mobility came with it, arms, legs, and eye sockets began to move little by little, the voice didn't stop him, just continued working.

What his eyes saw was light, a faint one, as if it were dusk, there were clouds everywhere as if they were floating in the middle of the sky.

"Well, that's a good foundation, but where you're going and who you're going to be, you need more than just this."

And the molding began again, this time something emerged from his back, he couldn't see what they were, but when he was able to move it, it almost felt like wings; Then something also extended from his head, the reflected shadow told him they were horns.

'Devil'. It was his first thought at his new appearance, horns and wings were not a good combination for...

For what weren't they a good combination?

He didn't think they were a bad combination, whoever his beloved was surely would think the same, he wasn't sure where the idea that he shouldn't be seen with wings and horns came from.

His doubts and thoughts were interrupted when he was placed on the ground, instinctively covering his body with his new wings, realizing they were not feathery but scaly, like those of a moth or a butterfly.

...Was he one of those then? That didn't sound right, the rest of his body didn't feel like one.

"Do you like it? You probably don't look as similar as before, but it's better this way, it will make integration into the tribe easier." A voice behind him, the same as before, made him turn around, wanting to see the face of the one who molded him like clay.

The colors were the first thing he noticed, so familiar but they didn't belong to anything he could remember, colors that made his soul feel warm and made him want to cry because he couldn't remember the owner of them.