New siblings

The air in the Abyss was tense.

The Vessels and Shades knew why, not long ago their father had sensed more of their siblings, new siblings far from home, far from the safety of the Abyss and the Ancient Basin, they could feel the worry, confusion and anger pouring out of him ever since he felt them within the kingdom.

Two vessels in particular were tense, both arguing about this new development.

"Do you think Pale Father has any to do with this? Will new siblings be his too?"

"Sire promised never to mess with the void again" And anticipating they twin's disbelief they added of them. "Also, it would have been noticed if the King left Hallownest, even if it was a short time, you heard Father say that new siblings are coming from outside the kingdom."

The younger twin considered what the other had said for a moment before nodding in agreement, they may still distrust their other parent, but they trusted Hallow's judgment.

On the other hand, Hallow was concerned, despite still angry, they knew that their father had also come to the conclusion that Hallownest's regent had little or nothing to do with the new additions to their family.

And that was worrying, because it meant that someone else had been able, not only to steal void without anyone in Abyss noticing, but that they had made more vessels for who knows for what purpose.

Who knew what they would have had to go through? Hallow had been lucky that even though their sire wanted a weapon against Radiance, they had continued to be treated like royalty.

Who assures them that their new siblings had had the same luck?

Their father's voice calling for them broke his train of thought. "Kin, Hallow, Ghost, Den, come here."

Oh, their father was going to send them to find their lost brothers.

An odd-horned vessel emerged from among the others, not far behind another with symmetrical horns.

Kin and Den, along with Ghost and Hallow were the oldest vessels.

Kin was already preparing for their third molt, having left the Abyss even before Hallow did by using another entrance, the stress and danger of the outside world had made them grow up (in their father's words) too fast.

Hallow, Ghost, and Den, having left the Abyss at similar times, were now in their second molt and would be for a while now that there was no rush to grow up. Their other siblings who had not broken their mask were still not molt yet or were just preparing for their second molt.

Soon the 4 were in front of their father who, despite his concern, still radiated that feeling of security-love-home.

(They hoped that their siblings could feel those same feelings through their connection to the void.)

And when the four were in front of their father, they knew what he were going to ask to them, and in the other three he could see the same silent determination to do the best they could.

Their father could not leave the Abyss and go for their siblings without causing unnecessary panic in the kingdom so his best option was for them to go looking for them.

And they did not have intend to fail, they would go for their siblings, they would bring them to the safety of the Abyss and their father would protect them from whoever created (and probably hurt them) them in the first place.

------------------------------------------

And as three vessels came out of the abyss in direction towards Dirtmouth, one swerved to deliver a message to the King.

Ghost did not like their other sire much, the memory of the bug just watching them struggle to climb the platform before turning and let them drop was still a memory, that although it was not recent, it still hurt.

But they also couldn't deny the fact that the Pale King was trying hard to be something of a good father to them and Hallow, it really was hard to be upset with him when they could clearly see how sorry he was for his actions.

Lost in their thoughts they barely recognized the palace guards letting them pass the palace, easily recognizing them as one of the princes.

They knew what they should ask the king, their father had been one of his siblings in Deepnest and that was one of the few places in the kingdom where he would not allow them to go, so they needed their sire to ask Queen Herrah for permission to enter her lands and send one of his knights to look for them.

The palace was still as shiny as ever, a perfect contrast to the darkness of the Abyss, it had taken them a while to adjust when they began to accompany Hallow on their visits with their sire, along with learning to navigate the place.

But currently the resplendent white no longer made them dizzy when walking and they already had different routes memorized through the palace to get where they wanted to go.

And their sire's workshop was they destination today.

The workshop was the only place where they knew that sooner or later their sire would be, the fact that he could no longer experiment with void did not mean that the King did not have other projects or things to do.

They just hoped their twin was right and their Pale Father had nothing to do with the existence of their new siblings.

Their mother would be sad if their father had to kill him for it.

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

Sorry for the short chapter, but college is consuming my time at the moment, hopefully the next one will be longer!