Chapter 11: Shocking News

Diego and Ludmila looked guilty about knowing something important, but they wouldn't spill.

Francesca: You two have been acting weird for long enough, tell us what is going on.

Federico: I think it's time you tell them honey. I don't think he knows.

Ludmila: But it's not our place to tell him then.

Violetta: You knew, and you never said anything?

Federico: Half of the gang already knows.

Leon: Who else knows then? Who's half the gang?

Federico: Myself, Ludmila, Diego, Naty, Camila, Broduey and Bridget.

Violetta: That's more than half the gang.

Francesca: I'm offended that I wasn't included.

Ludmila: We couldn't tell you because you're closest with them both.

Francesca: So is Diego?

Diego: But I didn't want you to have to lie again to your best friend.

Ludmila: Yeah, I didn't tell Andres because he would definitely tell you guys by accident, and I didn't tell Maxi because it was fun to play around with him for a bit.

Violetta: So clearly it has to do with Leon and I?

Federico: No. We didn't tell you either because he's your husband and we wouldn't want this to break your marriage.

Leon: Can someone tell us what is going on now!

Diego: Wait until we get there. We're almost there anyways.

I faced forward angrily, so Violetta tried to calm me down by holding my hand and kissing it. I didn't speak to anyone the rest of the ride as well as when I got out.

Maxi: What's wrong with Leon? Did you tell him yet?

Ludmila: No, we didn't. Wait, do you know about it?

Maxi: Yes, Naty told me in the car. Thanks for treating me like a fool.

Ludmila: Natalia! How could you break our promise?

Naty: Diego sent me a message saying Leon's mad at everyone, so I assumed you guys told him.

Violetta: Alright that's enough! You said that you would tell us when we got here, so we're here now.

Daniel: Fine, I'll tell you.

Gena: Are you sure this is the best time?

Daniel: I can't handle this. I have to tell him now.

Leon: Tell me what?

Daniel: There's no easy way to say this...

Leon: Just say it.

Daniel: Do you know Lily and Lucas?

Leon: My parents? Lily and Lucas Vargas?

Daniel: No, not your parents. They're ours.

Leon: What?

Daniel: I'm Daniel Vargas, your younger brother.

I stood still and looked at him with confused expression. I turned to Violetta to see her just as shocked as me.

Leon: You're lying. I don't have any siblings.

He gave me his passport and his ID. We had the same last name.

Leon: Daniel Gabriel Blanco Vargas.

Daniel: I know this may be a lot to process, but I've always wanted to meet my older brother and when I heard you were coming to Morocco, I couldn't resist. Diego introduced me to mom and dad this morning. They were shocked too, but they accepted me with open arms. I'm so happy to have finally met you brother!