Chapter 55

THIRD PERSON

"HELLO, LUCIA. Would you like to go to the Philippines with us? My daughter is asking for your presence." Hera softly asked the girl who served her the afternoon tea, with a motherly smile that resembles Ferish's genuine smile well.

The face of the girl named Lucia lit up the moment she heard the good news about her dearest friend, Ferish. She is the only family she have, but the latter left her alone in Greece. Their family adopted her at a young age, and they never treated her any less just because they are not blood-related.

The girl is still wearing her uniform from the university that she attends. She has a soft gentle smile on her lips; she looks pure and the presence she has is the kindest that one may encounter. Inayos niya ang ilang hibla na nahuhulog sa mukha niya at bahagyang yumuko nang makita ang ina ni Ferish na binati siya.

The light of the living room reflected on those light brown eyes that made it appear more appealing and cheerful. Lucia is the girl who hides the soft personality through a serious and sometimes stoic façade, because she does not want the people to mistook her kindness into weakness.

"I would love to." She answered in a polite manner, keeping a distance between her and Ferish's mother. "Should I prepare everything now?"

The woman chuckled and gestured the seat in front of her. Sumunod naman sa kan'ya si Lucia at naupo sa harapan nito bilang paggalang. She never disobeyed them, and she would gladly serve them for all their lives.

"You can do that next time. Ferish is asking how are you?" Hera asked to open a topic. The girl is not new to her.

"I am doing well." Pormal na tugon niya pero magalang ang tono. "I... think I excel in my program. I currently won as the President of our department." Imporma niya pa kaya napangiti si Hera. She has a proud smile on her lips at the news.

"Really? That's great. Shall we celebrate it?" Tanong niya at sumenyas sa mga nagbabantay sa kanila para kausapin ito. "Prepare for---"

"T-Tita... no need." Lucia interrupted, embarrassed and shy because she does not want to ask for anything. She does not even want to address them in that way, but she has to. "There is no need for celebration. I am only doing what I must."

"No, Lucia." Hera shook her head to disagree. Binaling niya ang tingin sa tauhan para utusan itong magpahanda para sa selebrasyon. "We told you for countless time. You do not owe us anything, okay? Ferish sees you as her sister, and you are a part of our family as well. You're no different from us." Pagpapaintindi nito at masuyong hinawakan sa ulo para guluhin ang buhok niya. "You are our child."

Lucia... felt the hand as something so warm that brought calmness into her heart. She was rescued when she was a child and lived with Ferish's family for all of these years. She feels like it is her duty to serve them, and she will never hesitate to die for the people who showed her kindness when no one dared to look at her when she was begging the people.

She felt beyond grateful to have them.

"Thank you..." Ang nasabi niya na lang dahil nahihiya siyang magsalita pa ng iba. "H-Have Ferish found the woman?"

Sukat doon ay napangiti si Hera na umabot sa mga mata nito. Bawat pagkilos niya ay mabini at tila perpekto ang pagkakagalaw. Ferish's mother is full of gentleness even when she was raised with a cruel father. The kindness of her personality makes one feel ashamed of their own sins... because she seemed to be perfectly made.

Perfectly made for her vicious wife.

Hera crossed her legs and nodded her head. Binaba nito ang iniinom na tsaa. Nakasuot ito ng mga mamahaling alahas na kumikinang sa tuwing natatamaan ng liwanag. The power her presence holds is enormous enough to make someone bow in front of her.