Chapter 64

OCTAVIA

"IT'S YOU, it's you, it's all for you. Everything I do..."

I smiled like a fool in love when Ferish sang that certain line of the song while gazing at me with her gorgeous orbs. Kanina ko pa siya pinapakinggan na kumanta sa harapan ko at natutuwa ako sa kan'ya kaya hindi ako umalis. May hawak siyang gitara sa kamay at nakatitig sa akin nang mariin habang kumakanta.

She's been singing me love songs. We are taking our time with each other here, inside the dorm. Mamaya kasi ay aalis kami pero magkaibang lakad. Kasama ko mamaya sila Tori at ate, habang siya naman ay may pupuntahan daw na kaibigan.

"I tell you all the time, heaven is a place on Earth with you..."

It's Video Games by Lana Del Rey. I am adoring how she's softly singing in front of me. I adore every piece of this girl in front of me. I am still in awe at how someone can have an angelic voice that sounds too soft in my ears, like I am being held in her arms without actually touching me.

"Tell me all the things you wanna do. I heard that you like bad girls, honey, is that true?"

We both chuckled with that certain line. Nangalumbaba ako at pinatong ang siko sa may hita ko. Magkatabi kami sa mahabang sofa rito sa sala ng bahay. I never liked girls, but Ferish is the only exception. It doesn't matter for me because I am beyond proud of everything that she is.

Her voice sounds too soft, too gentle in my ears. I love the sound as if it is caressing me in its safe place. She is bringing me into the paradise that she created for the both of us, and I must say, that I would love to exist in that place with her.

"It's better than I ever even knew. They say that the world is built for two. Only worth living if somebody is loving you. But, baby, now you do..."

She finished singing. Nagkatitigan pa kami sandali nang matapos siyang kumanta habang nakangiti sa akin. I felt my heart pounding hard inside my chest as it continuously long for her. Binaba niya ang gitara at mabilis na hinalikan ako sa labi kaya napangiti ako lalo. I'm so in love with this girl. How did she become mine again?

"I really love your voice."

"Talaga?"

I nodded. "Yes. Everything about you," I gently brushed my nose against hers. "Thank you," hinatak ko siya palapit sa akin para mayakap nang mahigpit. I love clinging onto my girl. "You are so lovely. Napagod ka ba?"

"Okay lang. I love singing for you," there was a creeping smile on her lips. "I love expressing my love for you."

"By the way, aalis kami mamaya, ha," paalala ko dahil baka nakalimutan niya na. Sinabi ko naman na kagabi iyon. I brushed her hair upwards.

Kumalas siya sa yakap at ginawang unan ang lap ko kaya nagbaba ako sa kan'ya ng tingin. She looked tired today, as if there is something more because I can perfectly see the sadness in those eyes. May nangyari ba kaya siya malungkot?

Nung mga nakaraang araw ko pa iyon napapansin, na parang malungkot siya. Wala naman siyang sinasabi sa akin kaya hindi ko alam kung ano ang dahilan. It feels like she is sad because of something that happened from the past, and it is haunting her once more. What is it that hurt her?

"Saan ka nga ulit punta?"

I brushed her hair upwards using my fingers. Her hair feels soft, and she feels fragile to hold in my arms. "Sasamahan ko si ate na mag-shopping, tapos sasama ako kila Tori pagkatapos," paalam ko. "What would you like to have? I'll buy a lot for you."