Chapter 57

OCTAVIA

"MAHAL NA mahal kita, Octavia."

Hearing those sweet sincere words from the mouth of my beloved... I unbelievably felt weak; my knees are trembling, my heart is pounding inside my chest, and the world seemed to stand still that I am left staring at the beauty right before my eyes.

I thought, hearing those words will make me feel ecstatic. I thought that it will make me feel delighted, full of energy. I thought it will make me feel more alive. But, it is actually the contrary because damn... I can't even bring myself to stand strong in front of her.

Nanghihinang napaupo ako sa may kama kaya inalalayan niya ako dahil hindi talaga ako makatayo. My heart is beating loudly inside my chest. It is beating for her, and there are thousand butterflies inside my stomach. I can't think straight. For a moment, it felt like I forgot how to think properly and to speak.

The impact of her confession into my system has left me in question of my own strength. Those are mere words of confession for her love for me, but enough to make me tremble in weakness.

I let out a soft chuckle while still holding her soft hand. I looked up at her and she looks worried with me. "I'm unbelievably weak..." I whispered, still not removing my gaze on her.

"A-Ayos ka lang ba? Bakit..." She cupped my cheeks. "Babe, why are you crying?" She asked with a soft tone and wiped the tears that streamed down my cheeks.

"Ferish, you just confessed that you love me..." I let out a shaky breath, still overwhelmed. "In different language."

Different language yet it means the same. It sounds like, she will love me with all of me, no matter what are the odds, and no matter what is it that lies ahead of us. She will love me in all lifetimes and all life.

I thought, it will take a long time for her to be able to say those words. Ferish told me that she feels something romantic towards me, but, I didn't expect to hear such confession tonight.

It was the most romantic confession I've ever heard. I received confessions before, a countless one. But, this one... only her words and sincerity are enough to make me feel something, beyond every good thing that the universe made me feel.

"Octavia, I love you... since the beginning." She held my cheek while still standing in front of me, giving me such gentle stares. She kissed the tears from my eyes. "I loved you in desperate ways. I loved you in insanity. I loved you... in silence. But, I will love you more... in chaos, in peace... in tragedy and beginning... in happiness and darkness." She gently whispered those words while still gazing at me with adoration. "I will love you beyond eternity."

I bit my lower lip, but found myself smiling at her. "Thank you for loving me, Ferish."

She shook her head to disagree. Hinalikan niya ang likod ng kamay ko habang masuyong nakatitig sa akin. The simple gesture made me feel like I am at peace. She held my hand and it felt like, all the chaos was gone. I am finally found within her eyes.

"No, Octavia. It is thank you for existing." I didn't know why, but there was a tear she's trying to suppress as she thanked me for being alive.

Dinamba niya ako ng yakap kaya napapikit ako nang maramdaman siya. Impit ang boses na nagsalita siya, at naramdaman ko ang bigat ng bawat salitang binitawan niya. "Thank you for surviving, my Eight... Thank you for being alive, my love." She breathed shakily. I was confused at first, but I still hugged her.

She is grateful that I am alive. She must be thankful that I survived from my tragedy years ago.

"Can you say it again?" I asked, still in awe that I am loved by my Ferish.