Chapter 58

THIRD PERSON

"WHAT DOES a life mean to a Sinner's eyes?"

A woman, wearing a soft smile on her lips while staring at her reflection from the wine glass, asked to no particular person. She is interested to see herself and search for an answer if she is one of those people who are loathsome, or she belongs to the brighter side where holds an honor?

She has been wondering, what does it mean to be a Sinner when lives carry an amount of weight that can't be replaced by anything? That, being a Sinner must be an excruciatingly heavy responsibility because one needs to lose their sanity to be able to take the lives of those who are worthless.

A responsibility that one has to lose themselves in the fiery fire of hell to able to judge who must be judged, and to be able to carry out the unending will of the great Organization that desires true peace... in this rotten world.

The dim light peeking in between the curtains illuminated the innocent smile she has on her lips, giving a mischievous sense in the woman's appearance. She is comfortably sitting on the couch while facing a life-size mirror in front of her, trying to see herself in different lights: in evil and in kindness. Which is it? Where does herself belong? Is it possible to be in between?

"Are we evil, or are we... a savior of this world?" She asked again, with a soft tone of voice that no one would expect how she can think of something to terrifying when her appearance is beyond angelic. Tumingin siya sa taong nasa harapan niya at nakita ang kaibigan na pinapanood siya sa ginagawa nito.

"Can you stop such creepy smiles, Zierra?" The other woman asked, a little annoyed to see an angelic smile from her friend yet her eyes remained so lifeless. It is empty as though even the brightest light of the world can't reach the deepest depths of her sanity.

"I am just a curious." She shrugged off her shoulders and elegantly sipped from the wine. "Do we exist to simply save the world... or to rule it?"

Kumunot ang noo ng kausap dahil parang may masama itong balak base sa mga tanong nito. She is unpredictable, so she is not certain if what she feels is merely curiosity. "We exist, the Sinners, to guide the world for a better tomorrow. Your duty is to look after her, and not to get close to her."

"I did not break any command. I do not want to enrage my Commander, Havri." She smiled softly that turned into a playful chuckle. "Ferish is just fascinating, don't you think?" Sumimsim siya sa wine na iniinom. Binaba niya iyon at tumingin sa labas ng bintana kung saan sumisilip ang liwanag ng buwan. "Ang bilis niyang nalaman kung sino ako."

"She is not the Sin for nothing." The other woman answered, sitting across her seat with a bored expression. "Special Ranks are not allowed to disobey the Rulers, especially Her Majesty. You don't plan on doing something, right?"

"No, of course. I am merely fascinated." She chuckled a bit. "Pretending to be someone so gentle when it is not in her nature." She licked her lower lip, referring to the girl that she was tasked to look after.

Special Ranks mostly obeys that Rulers of their Organization, and their loyalty will remain to them even after a certain task is done. Unlike Sinners of first to fouth rank, they are under the rule of Commanders.

In the shadows black as hell, in each corner of the world... there are people who are seeking for change. They live among the people who are simply living their lives, and is separated into three greatest Organizations to ever exist. They are the Sinners, the Olympians, and the Gehenna.

"Coming from you?" Naguguluhang tanong ng kaibigan sa kan'ya.

"Sinners exist to balance the world, I believe." Zierra answered when she finally saw herself... in between the light and darkness. She is existing in between. "The world is rotten and so are the people. We are here to make a change."