Chapter 71

OCTAVIA

"BATI NA BA tayo, babe?" My adorable girl asked while hugging my waist, looking up at me, and giving me that innocent and soft look, as though the untamable one was finally tamed after a long time of being in pure rage.

She is so precious.

"Hm-mm, yeah," I nodded my head but she looked at me as if... as if she didn't want to. We're okay now. We made things clear between us, so what's with that look?

Hinatak ko siya patungo sa higaan at pinahiga dahil mukha siyang inaantok. Her eyes is with life again, but I can feel that she is still drowsy. Hindi pa siya nakaka-recover sa operation niya. To be honest, I didn't expect to hear the tragic story behind the reason on why she pretended not to know me, when all along, she's been dying to be with me.

It never did cross my mind that she would do all those efforts for me. I thought, I loved her first... not knowing that she loves me all along. For all these time, she's been loving me with all of herself.

"Ayaw ko," she adorably disagreed. Ayaw niyang bati ako? Ayaw niya namang bumitaw sa baywang ko. "Kiss mo muna ako tapos bati na tayo, sige," kondisyon niya na parang nanghihingi lang sa akin ng candy.

What the hell. Ang seryoso ng pinag-uusapan namin pero nagawa niyang isingit 'yan? She is so unbelievable. Naupo ako sa gilid niya kaya mabilis siyang tumagilid ng higa at sumiksik sa akin. She looks a little pale. Mapungay na ang mga mata niya at halatang nagpipigil na lang ng antok.

"Are you okay? Does anything hurt?" I asked instead of giving her the kiss that she wants because I know her. Hindi 'yan matutulog; hihingi pa ulit 'yan ng halik.

"Okay na ako, nag-aadjust na lang kaya may kirot. Mas better naman na," turo niya sa bandang dibdib niya. She gave me a look with hesitation. "Hindi ka ba... naiilang?"

Naiilang? "Why would I?"

"Kasal tayo. Our marriage is legal even if I didn't kneel," she explained softly and what does she mean by kneel? Seeing my reaction, she added, "It means allowed pa ang divorce sa atin. Uhm, we didn't face the Organization that day... kaya allowed siya," she bit her lower lip, looking nervous.

Why is she nervous? There is no need to fear anything now because I do not plan on leaving again. Not only because of this marriage, but because of her... I love her with all of myself.

"Is that some kind of tradition again?" I asked while caressing her back, comforting her with my soft touch and warmth to let her fall asleep, hoping that no wicked monsters will visit her in her dream.

She immediately nodded her head. "Oo. Once I kneel in front of you, it means it is a formal declaration of me, asking for your hand for marriage. Kapag binigyan din ng blessing ng ibang royalties, Venturison and Banesworth, it means that separation will be forbidden for the sacred union," she explained softly. She took a pillow and hugged it. "Mataas kasi ang pride ng family namin, babe. Hindi kami basta yumuyuko... lalo na ang lumuhod."

Yes, I understand. They are royalties from Greece, so I finally understand why they have such strange traditions. Most of all, she came from the great bloodline of Zyn; her ancestors must be of warriors and leaders in their time. Her family is well-respected and looked up to by the people. There is actually a countless rumors about them, but I guess, some of it were actually true.

Especially Haji.

I pat her head and smiled softly. "You do not need to kneel, baby. I will not leave again. Divorce is not in my choice," I reassured her. I do not want her to worry that I will leave her again, because I am certain this time.