APCLW - Chp 12

So, for starters, this chapter is rated R for a reason. It contains some mature content.

Happy reading :)

----------------------------------------

Vincent’s POV

                FML. Dayton just told the last person that was working with us to go home. It was just going to be him and me closing. Kendra, oblivious to Dayton and I’s history was happy to be off and didn’t even ask if he was sure that everything would be okay. I mean, it wasn’t as if we were going to have any more customers, we were closed. Kendra grabbed her stuff and was out the door within minutes, leaving Dayton and I alone. He went and locked the doors while I stood by the registers, waiting to cash out. When he came back over to the registers he smirked, and I couldn’t help but blush. I looked down and started cashing out of my register. It was customary that he had to watch while I counted the money, and then he had to count it again to make sure that I got the correct total. I had never closed with him before, let alone worked with him alone, so this was new to me. New, and nerve-wrecking. After I was done I stepped aside so he could count, but he kept staring at me.

“Um, do you mind counting?” I asked finally looking up at him. I really didn’t know what I was in such a rush for. The LBGT party started tonight, and as far as I knew we were both going to be there. That didn’t mean that we’d be hanging out together, but there was a good chance we’d see each other. So trying to get out of here and away from him wasn’t going to do me any good. Wow, I was acting like a total girl in this situation.

                “Pushy, pushy. Are you ready for the party tonight?” he said finally getting in front of the drawer to count.

“Yeah I think so. It should be fun.”

“Fun?” he laughed. “It should be freakin’ epic. It’s a beach/yacht party you know.” A beach/yacht party? That sounded like it would be a blast.

“Sounds awesome.” I said with a smile.

“So you’re supposed to wear swimwear, or nothing if that’s what you prefer.” He gave me a lusty-looking once over. His eyes caught mine, and even though I wanted to look down or away from him, I couldn’t. He started to lean forward a bit, and that’s when I pulled back. He looked a little hurt by that.

“No, it’s not that.” I tried to say. “Do people know…about you being bi?”

“My personal life has nothing to do with my business life.” He said right away.

“So maybe we shouldn’t kiss here then? I mean, the windows are see-through and—“

“I understand dude.” I laughed and got back to counting the money. Silence passed over us as Dayton did the regular cast out routine.  Some 15-20 minutes later, he was done and we were leaving. He locked the doors to the store and tucked the money bag that he had to drop off at the bank under his arm. With his other arm, he grabbed my face tenderly and pressed his lips to mine. Heat was exchanged between the two of us as I kissed him back. Just as I was about to deepen the kiss he pulled away. I guess I had a scowl on my face because he smiled seductively.

“Chill man, we have to save some of it for tonight.” I didn’t say anything and he pinched my cheek. “You’re so cute. Follow me to the bank?” I nodded and we both went to our cars. I didn’t feel self-conscious about kissing him outside of the store because there wasn’t much light around us, and in the store people would have definitely seen because there were so many lights on.

                I followed him to the bank and he slipped the bag of money into the little slot that was made for it.  He came to my car window after that, and I wound my window down.