APCLW - Chp 2

Vincent’s POV  

I flipped through the TV channels furiously, trying to find something to watch that didn’t have any shirtless dudes on it. I wasn’t sure how much longer I could keep my sexuality on the down low. I know I secretly enjoyed watching men exercise and take their shirts off, but I just wanted to deny it. I wasn’t sure how much longer I would be able to keep up with it though. It was becoming worse and worse now. I would go as far to looking at men in public, and check them out. I tried to make sure that I was always looking at one who had a girl with him so it wouldn’t seem like I was looking at the guy. I turned off the TV and threw the remote in frustration. There was nothing at all on TV for me to watch. Oh well, I needed to get up and get ready for school anyway.

I hopped into my shower, letting the water hit me all over my back. It washed all my aggravation away, and soon I just felt soothed. I soaped my hair a couple of times and got out, finding a towel and wrapping it around me. I went into my room and grabbed some random clothes and put them on. I had half an hour to get to school, and I didn’t want to be late. Before I ran down stairs for breakfast, I grabbed my phone and my wallet, closing the door behind me. I chose Lucky Charms to eat, and poured myself a bowl. As I ate my cereal, I thought about what I could do today to possibly make my life any different. Maybe it I told my best friend Matt he’d understand. But what if he didn’t? What if he didn’t want to be friends anymore with me because I was…well, what I was? No.

Matt would never do anything like that. I needed to make sure he wouldn’t do anything like that for sure though. I finished eating quickly, grabbed the car keys and left the house. A lot of the parking spots were taken up when I got there, so I had to grab one in the furthest right of the parking lot. I opened my door and I suddenly heard a horn beeping close to me. I jumped violently and looked around, and saw someone trying to park right next to me. I scowled and pulled my door up so whoever was driving could get in. When they did, I swung the door open, careful not to hit their car and waited for them to get out. I was ready to shout what an idiot they were, but to my surprise it was a girl who got out of the car. She had dark brown hair that fell past her shoulders, and flawless skin with brown eyes to match. She scowled at me when she was close enough.

“Dude, do you look before you do anything? I mean, I was pulling in, and—“

“I didn’t see you. I’m sorry.” She didn’t look like she accepted my apology, but she just simply crossed her arms and stared at me like a little girl would stare at her father when she did something wrong. “Do you go here? I’ve never—“

“Yes I go to this school. As of today actually. So, how about you show me around, since you almost scratched my car?” I blinked, looking at her like she was crazy. Certainly she had to be because she was talking to me like I was supposed to be her servant or something. “Hello, earth to whatever your name is, are you going to show me around or not?”

“Can I see your schedule?” she sighed loudly, but reached into her purse and pulled out a small piece of paper, unfolded it, and handed it to me. “Let’s walk.” I told her and started towards the school. She fell into step beside me as I looked over her schedule. She had third block chemistry and fourth block lunch, which was what I had. Her first two classes weren’t with me, but I would still show her where they were.  I handed her her schedule back. “We have chemistry together. And lunch.”

“Oh joy for me. I get to eat lunch with some mystery guy that almost hit my car.”

“The names Vincent.”

“Vinny, that’s a nice name.”

“No, it’s Vincent—“

“I think I’ll call you Vinny.” She stuck her tongue out at me.