APCLW - Chp 4

Vincent’s POV    

Poppin bottles in the ice, like a blizzard

When we drink we do it right gettin slizzard

Sippin sizzurp in my ride, like Three 6

Now I’m feelin so fly like a G6

Like a G6, Like a G6

Now I’m feelin so fly like a G6

My phone started going off. “Like a G6, like a G6.” I sang along with the hook as I grabbed my phone.  There was a text message there from my friend Matt. I opened the text. Dude! Have you seen the new girl? She’s hott and she’s into girls! I reread it just to make sure I wasn’t seeing things. How could he possibly know that Kim was into girls? Had he seen her? No, I was jumping to conclusions. There could be more than one new girl. It didn’t have to be Kim. I texted him back and put my phone back on the table. I really did wonder how big the possibility could be that it wasn’t Kim though. A new girl that was into girls sounded exactly like Kim to me, but I was trying to stay positive.

I got up from the table I’d been sitting in for the past couple hours and made my way over to the fridge to find something to eat. It looked like both my parents were working late tonight so I would have to cook something myself. I opened the fridge door and took out some steak that I took out of the freezer last night and put it on the counter. I grabbed a bunch of my favorite seasonings and put them onto the steak and heated up the grill outside. I also made some mash potatoes from the box to go with it; I couldn’t have steak without mashed potatoes. I was about to go put my steak on the grill when the G6 chorus filled my ears again, once more indicating that I had a message. I put my steak on the small table and picked up my phone immediately. Idk what her name is, but every 1 saw her and that office girl Fiona in a car! Some 1 even put it on youtube. Dude u should check it out, it’s hott.

I gaped at my phone with an open mouth. This was insane! On this girls first day of school she manages to almost hit my car, stand me up, make out with a girl, and get herself put on Youtube being caught in the act? I didn’t even respond to Matt’s message and put my phone down. I continued making my steak and made a mental note to check out how bad this Youtube video would destroy this girl’s reputation. I’d seen how the kids at my school treated homosexuals, and I was going to try my best not to let my secret get out. Now that it was out that Kim was into girls, she’d be facing a harder time than she would have before. When my steak was done, I ate it slowly, savoring the taste of it. Steak was my favorite meal, hands down.

I was washing the dishes when I heard the front door open and I saw my mom walk into the kitchen with her briefcase.

“Hey Mom.” I said flashing her a smile. She smiled back at me and gave me a hug.

“How’s my son doing?”

“Great. I just had some steak.”

“Did you make me any?” I frowned and her smile turned into an amused one. “I’m kidding Vincent. Your father took me out to dinner tonight, that’s why we’re so late.” I didn’t answer as I finished up washing the dishes. My mom went on to tell me about her day, and how some people had gotten on her nerves. I had no choice but to sit there and smile and nod while she went on and on.  By the time she was finished talking, fifteen minutes had gone by. I grabbed all my books and my bag off the table and went upstairs to my room, glad to be away from my mother. She bored me to death with all her work talk.

              I wasted no time in getting on the computer to check out the video of Kim. Even though I was sure I was attracted to guys more, I still wanted to see a couple of girls making out. When I had the Youtube website pulled up, I realized that I didn’t even know what the video was called, or who had put it up. There were probably millions of videos on here of girls making out.  I sighed and tried the simplest thing I could think of, but they weren’t working.  I would text Matt and ask him, but it wasn’t that important. I’d just ask Kim about it tomorrow. I pulled up Facebook instead and that’s when I lost track of time. When I looked at the clock again it was nearly 1:00 in the morning. Darn Facebook. It was so addicting.  I yawned and turned off the computer and went into the bathroom to brush my teeth and all that good stuff. After that I went to bed, and fell asleep quickly.