APCLW - Chp 8

Vincent’s POV

                Instead of the 20 minutes away that Kim mentioned before, the party was actually an hour away. If it had been any normal party I would have been a little upset about it being so far, but this wasn’t a normal party. It was a party specifically for Lesbians, Gays, Bi’s, and Transgender’s.  I blew at air and smoothed my hair back a little. I was pretty nervous about this. It would be my first contact with a male, EVER and it was an extremely nerve wrecking.  Fiona and Kim had each other to be entertained, but as for me, I’d have to actually go find a guy. Or maybe someone would find me. I hoped it would be the latter because I was feeling too nervous to find someone. At least not right away.

                Fiona cut the engine as soon as the car jerked to a stop and opened her door. She opened mine as well, as if she was the gentleman and I was the woman. I smirked about that and got out, looking down the street. There were a few light posts along it, and several cars were parked along it as well. I turned my head to the house we would be going to, and noticed many people outside talking and drinking. The music coming from inside the house blared at the three of us as we made our way inside the house. The first thing that I knew I was headed for was some alcohol. That would loosen me up a bit and I wouldn’t be as up tight as I was now. Locating the alcohol wasn’t hard at all. As soon as we walked in the door it was on one of those foldable wooden tables. There must have been at least 50 bottles of different kinds of liquor, and there was also an uncountable amount of packs of beer.  Whoever threw this party had gone all out. I grabbed myself a red plastic cup that was in a bag next to the drinks and seized a random bottle, pouring half of its contents into my cup. Before I even had the chance to drink it, Kim snatched it from me. I gaped at her, not knowing what to even say. We were at a party with all this liquor; I didn’t think it would be a problem to have a drink or two.

                Plus, it wasn’t like I was designated driver or anything.  I pouted my lip out at her and she smirked. She turned around and grabbed two other bottles, completely emptying them into my one little cup. They didn’t have much in them in the first place, but them combined with the drink I had already poured filled my cup up to the rim.

“Now here’s a real drink!” she shouted over the music as she handed my cup back to me. I wasn’t even sure what the alcohol percentage was in those bottles that were combined with each other in my cup, but I knew that I would get a little buzzed if not drunk from this mixture. I took the cup from her and took one big gulp, making a face as I downed half of it. It was hard liquor alright. The back of my throat burned after I took a big drink.  Kim smirked at me as she made a concoction of her own. Fiona was already drinking from a bottle and dancing around us, shaking what her mother gave her. I couldn’t help but look, but after a few seconds too long, I noticed Kim was staring between us. I laughed and hit her shoulder gently. She laughed back with me and hit mine too. We finished our drinks and I instantly wet for another refill, this time choosing a different bottle. Just like she did a few minutes before, Kim took my cup and added more liquor into it; except she poured more than two different types into it. I drank it all without stopping once and went back for more. I could feel the effects of the alcohol settling in, and I liked that. I had to have more. By the time I finished my third round of drinks, Kim and Fiona we dancing on each other and a couple other people. I leaned back against a wall and surveyed the party for the first time.

                The music was a mixture of popular techno, rock, and rap songs. The music was so loud that I could feel the floor shaking. Or maybe that was just the numerous amounts of people in this house, I wasn’t sure. I found it a little strange that this was someone’s house though. This was a LBGT event; I would have expected it to be some kind of underground party, not something open like this. It was extremely crowded in here too. I didn’t really have a problem with being clustered, but I still didn’t like an excessive amount of people around me. I also noticed it was a little hot in here as well, so I combed my hand through my hair, pushing it back so maybe that would make me a little less hot. There was an even mixture of men and women here, and to know that they were all not completely straight was oddly comforting for me. I didn’t feel like I was alone here like I did at school. Even though there were a few people at my school who were openly gay or lesbian, it was hell to actually be out about it there, especially for the guys. I was about to push myself from the wall when I was approached by a guy.