Chapter 15

Pepper woke up and her head felt like it was going to explode. Her mouth was so dry and she had to pee desperately. She forced herself up and into the bathroom. While she was in there she took a drink from the faucet and brushed her teeth. She took one look at herself and her eye make was smeared under her eyes and her hair was tangled and messy. She grabbed some micellar water on one of her reusable makeup remover pads and wiped at her eyes careful not to mess up her new lash extensions and she splashed the rest of her face with some as well and slowly detangled the knots in her hair. She felt like she needed 6 gallons of water. She was so dehydrated and her headache was in Tony's words "Electromagnetic". It was strange but she remembered him using that phrase. And then last night's events all came pouring back to her and she was mortified. There was no way she could avoid Tony in their tiny house. She went back into the bedroom and grabbed a soft tee and a pair of linen pants to throw on until after she ate breakfast when she would have a proper shower. She looked at the clock and it was 11 a.m. She opened the door quietly and headed into the kitchen hoping Tony wouldn't notice her but she was wrong. He was on the couch giving belly rubs to the dogs and petting the cats. That was something else completely new about Tony she would add to the Tony folder. Something was odd, the house was way too quiet. There is no way her kids would be this quiet.

"Good morning Sleeping Beauty," Tony said from his place on the couch.

"Morning," Pepper muttered as she opened the fridge. She found yogurt and a tin with egg muffins she prepared. She grabbed a bottle of water and slumped in the chair and began to eat. She really wanted bread to soak up the wine and heal this hangover but she was watching her carbs. Tony joined her in the kitchen and sat down at the table.

"Hangover's that bad huh?"

"This headache is electromagnetic," she said hoping it would get him to smile.

Tony lit up instantly.

"You remember that?"

"I guess so. I remember that it's something you used to say but I don't know the why or when," she said.

"This is great Pep,"

"Where are the kids? Where are my parents? Why is it so quiet?" she asked suddenly.

"Well your parents took them into the city. They promised the kids they would go to Fao Schwartz to get toys. They will most likely be there until after dinner. They wanted to go to Times Square and a bunch of other places. We get the whole place to ourselves and we get the peace and quiet. And it's Saturday so no work and no one working on the house,"

"I need a shower and hopefully this headache goes away," Pepper said.

"I know a way to get rid of your headache," Tony said with an eyebrow raise.

"Oh really?" she asked.

"Yeah I'll tell you all about it when you get out," he teased.

Tony sat on the couch anticipating his conversation with Pepper. He wanted to bring up the fact that she wanted to have sex and the way she tried to jump his bones.

Pepper put on a knee length dress and came out of the bedroom to meet Tony but her head was still pounding. She flopped down on the couch and one of the cats jumped onto her lap. She picked him up and cuddled him and he purred against her.

"Do you remember what happened last night?" Tony said, cutting the silence.

"Unfortunately I do," she said, avoiding his eyes.

"Pep look at me," he said.

Pepper looked at him and she was all flushed.

Tony smiled.