Chapter 3

Author's note: This chapter contains smut

Tony and Pepper got off the Stark private jet in the Velana International Airport. They now had to hop on a short plane ride to their resort. They were staying at the Sun Aqua Iru Veli in the Maldives. Tony had on a fitted polo shirt and a pair of shorts with his Hermes Izmir suede sandals that have leather in the insoles and his Matsuda sunglasses made of titanium and japanese acetate. Pepper opted for a floral maxi dress from Altuzarra and strappy sandals from Sam Edelman and a sun hat. Tony grabbed their luggage and carried it onto the little plane. He took a seat next to Pepper who was flipping through a book she bought at the airport. He was so anxious to get to the resort and give it a once over. He lost his argument in going to one of the private islands that he owned and let Pepper have her resort vacation. He also lost the argument of bringing any tech besides their cellphones. He wanted to bring one of the suits and the issue was dead on arrival. She wouldn't even agree to a vacation if his tech was involved. He truly was retired, the tech at this point was only to protect her and the kids. He tried to explain that but she insisted no one was after him and it wasn't needed and he explained that the suit wasn't just protection from people, he could protect her from a lot of things, but she wasn't having it. They just had an argument about it on the jet and he wasn't sure how to read her or what kind of mood she was in now and he was sulking. Neither of them spoke a word to each other.

They arrived at the resort and Tony checked them in but Pepper was still giving him the silent treatment.

"Welcome to Sun Aqua Iru Veli. Are we celebrating anything special?" she asked Tony.

"No it doesn't look like she wants anything to do with me at the moment," he said as he looked back at Pepper who took a seat in the common area and flipped through a magazine.

"Perhaps I can have a flower delivery sent to your room with fresh flowers from the main island?"

"Yes,"

"And what do you want the card to say?" she asked.

"You got a pen?" he asked.

The receptionist handed him a pen and he wrote on the back of one of the cards.

I'm sorry for the fight, but I will never be sorry for trying to protect you. I love you with all my heart, Tony.

He handed her the card.

"We have you in one of our Ocean Suites with a pool, one king bed," she said and she showed him on the map where to find their room and listed off all the amenities available to them. He turned around and Pepper was still sitting in the chair. He really didn't want to be the first one to speak; instead he went back to the desk and asked for another map.

Tony approached Pepper and just handed her the map along with her key and he didn't say a word. Honestly, he was tired of sulking. He didn't care if Pepper followed him to the room or not.

She knows how stressed I've been and how much I need this vacation. And she's going to fight with me for wanting to assure her safety. I would die for this woman. I'm over it. If she wants to be mad she can be mad. I'm going in the pool, he thought.

Tony put all the luggage down and went into his suitcase to find his bathing suit. Then he thought screw it and he decided since their pool was private he was going in naked. He stripped and folded his clothes neatly and put them on the bed. He wasn't going to give Pepper one single thing to be mad about. He got in the pool and dunked under and it felt so good. He leaned his back against the side of the pool and hung his head back. There was a knock on the door and it obviously wasn't Pepper because she had her own key. He got up and grabbed a towel.