Chapter 12

Pepper had the house to herself and she kept thinking about how nice it felt to kiss Tony and how his lips felt on her neck. The skin on her neck felt electrified and she imagined what his lips and hands would feel like everywhere and she decided that enough was enough and she was going to have that consultation. No matter how curious or horny she was she wasn't going to sleep with Tony while she looked like this.

"FRIDAY can you tell me the name of the Doctor that I had a consultation with for a Mommy makeover?" she asked.

"It was Dr. Blaine in Manhattan. Would you like the phone number?" she asked.

"Yes please,"

Pepper typed it into her phone as FRIDAY said it aloud. Pepper was so nervous as she waited for someone to pick up and she wasn't sure why. Then a voice answered.

"Hello yes I'd like to book a consultation with Dr. Blaine for a mommy makeover," she said into the phone.

She hurried over to the calendar.

"Yes I've been there before for a previous consultation," she continued while she answered the receptionists questions.

"How about Friday?" Pepper asked as the calendar seemed empty.

"Ok thank you," she said as she hung up.

Her next call was to a salon.

"FRIDAY, is there a salon I visit frequently?"

"According to my records you visit Allure salon and day spa in Manhattan,"

Pepper quickly brought up the number and called the salon.

"Hello my name is Pepper Stark. I need to make an appointment but I'm not sure who I see, can you look it up?"

"Pepper it's me Renee. I heard about your accident on the news. Are you ok?" she asked.

"I'm ok. It's a long story. But I need an appointment with whoever I see for these things. I need a root touch up, a haircut, a Brazilian wax, a manicure, a pedicure, and I think I'd like to try eyelash extensions," she said.

"Ok thank you," she said as she hung up just as Tony walked through the door.

"Hi babe," he said kissing her on the cheek and placing his keys down on the table.

"I made some appointments in manhattan on Friday. I hope that's ok,"

"Well I have to work, but I can have Happy watch the kids, and speaking of Friday it's my turn to host my men's monthly poker game. It'll be Happy and Will and a few other friends I have in town. I don't want to overwhelm you with so many people in the house. I can always reschedule it," he said taking her hands in his.

"No it's fine," Pepper said.

"I do have to warn you though that Will usually brings Janis and you guys usually hang out and have wine," he said.

"I think I can handle Janis for a few hours," she said.

"Do you mind if I ask you what appointments you have in the city?"

"My hair, nails, waxing, and other girl stuff," she said leaving out the part about her consultation with Dr. Blaine.

"That's great. You love doing all that stuff," she said.

Pepper followed Tony into the kitchen where he was putting away a few items he picked up at the store.

"Come here," she said in a come hither way from her place leaning against the wall in the kitchen entryway.