Chapter 3

Nattarin's POV
.
.
Some say that being born with a silver platter, life is easy. But they're wrong. It is a misconception to us who are on top of other people, doing business, being in a classy environment. Maintaining the image for the sake of company's reputation..
It is really hard to pretend, to become a different person in front of people.
I've been dealing with my sexual dysphoria since i was a kid. I'm not straight, I've been linked to few girl models but i just shrugged it off. Im not into women.
My father always say that being the only child, i need to work hard for my future family. I need to pass down our lastname and don't let it end in my generation. May his soul rest in peace. He died when i was 10, in a car accident together with my Mom. I grew up with my grandparents and they treated me like their own son. Lolo Pops is a retired major general. I live with him so that i can still take care of my Lolo. We even fought last time when he said he wants to stay in a retirement home but i didn't let him live their. I want to take care of him.
Lola Ma made me the heir of her publishing company and holding several shares in different companies before she passed away few years ago.
A 28 years old, single, confused male model and co-owner of N's Publishing Company. My cousin, Kyle is my business partner. We have equal shares in this company but Lola Ma named it after me. Kyle is planning to sell his shares to me so that i will have it under my name legally. He said that I'll manage it with my own power Because he has his own big business in the states. He also said how Lola Ma love me. Our attorneys are talking about this matter already.
I also promised Lola Ma that every release of Magazines, I'll always include myself, at first i protested because i don't have any modelling guts but it's her only wish. Who am i to decline? .. Our board, employees and staffs knew about it. Lola Ma treated her employees as family. I'm doing it also because i grew up with these people.
-
I've been following Jinna for years. Silently. And he once include in his content that his friend, a freelance photographer is on call, depending on the time and schedule. His name is Suppasit, I can't find any lastname of that man. I tried but i couldn't find any.
Oh yeah, i kinda stalked him. Kinda. His gazes are so mysterious. So when we decided to release an early copy of our Summer Mag, i took the courage and contacted Jinna to do my makeup, and his friend for the photoshoot. Our models are already done and we're on the finalization for the cover. Obviously, i am in the cover this year, again.
-
The photoshoot went smoothly, as expected, he's so good at it. A self-taught professional photographer. His skills are amazing.
In every click of his camera's shutter, i slip a simple glance at him. He's so hot holding that DSLR. I also sense that he is kinda like me. I smelled him, so i took the opportunity to flaunt my body. I saw him gulped several times. 'perfect' i told to myself. When he said to shoot on the water, i didn't hesitated though the sun really burns, we successfully finished it. I also felt he stiffened when i put my arms on his shoulder as if he's being stunned. I gave him my business card afterwards.
-
I met him with Jin on my friends resto to talk about the photoshoot. But he said that he finished it already, I'm amazed how quick he can be. And i can't wait to see how great his works are after he shown me the one in the water where I'm facing sideways.
He handed me the flashdrive that contains the final edited photo before we ended the quick dinner meeting.
I went back to the house and inserted the flashdrive in my laptop. I froze in fear when i opened "here" folder. I thought it's mine but i saw numerous pictures of Pas half naked, full of bruises body, and bursted bloody lips. I immediately closed it and pull the flashdrive out. I took my phone and about to call him when it suddenly rang.
"I'm about to call you Pas, you gave me the wrong drive." I tried myself not to stutter. I heard a deep sigh on the other end of the line.
"Can i go to your office tomorrow Sir?" His voice is shaking.
"Very well, don't worry I'm not nosy to open these files, it is your privacy. Goodnight Pas." I assured him. I will never open those because I'll invade his privacy. But i can't stop thinking what's with those photos?
"Thank you sir." He said and then i hanged up the phone.
I went to the veranda and called Sheen, our house helper.
"Please give me some tea, just put it on the bedside table. Thank you." She then left.
- I had a sleepless night that time, i can't stop thinking about him, what are those photos all about? I'm worried. I don't know his real story, I don't know him personally. I should be scared but I can't feel anything than to worry and pity him.
-
"Sir, Mr. Suppasit is here on the lobby, he said he have an appointment today with you?" Our receptionist called.
"Oh yes, ask someone to bring him here please, thank you Mitch." I put down the phone and waited ... My heart is pounding.
After a while the door of my office opened.
A very simple man appeared in front of me, he's wearing a cap, black shirt and shorts.
"Please have a seat. Juice, tea, or coffee? I asked him." He just simply smiled at me and replied ." Oh no sir thank you".
"Well, here's the flashdrive." I put it on the table. "As promised i didn't open anything."
"I'm sorry for messing it once again sir. Damn I'm just too tired and occupied that time and unawared took the different drive that day." He apologetically uttered and handed me the correct drive.
I inserted it on my laptop and check his outputs.
"Amazing" I just muttered when i scanned every enhanced pictures. "My team can find a way to put several of these for the front cover." I'm amazed with his skills. Jin is correct, he can compete with other photographers.
"To be honest, these outputs are top-notch for me. Will you accept my offer if I'll hire you?" I blurted out. He was left speechless for a few seconds, eyes widened in astonishment.
"F-for re-real?" He's stunned, so am i.
"Yup. My head photographer resigned last week because there's an offer to him Abroad. I guess you have the skills to replace his position." I explained, i can see in his face that he's not expecting it. Well it's a sudden offer after all.
"Are you sure sir? I mean, this is a prestige company, I'm just a self-taught photographer." I sensed his hesitation.
"I believe in your skills." I said.
"Hello sir excuse me, uhm the board is waiting for you in the conference room." My secretary reminded me. I nodded.
"Welp, I'll give you time to think about it. And you have my business card, you can contact me anytime." I stood up and he followed. He extended his arms for a shake hands.
'Damn shake hands! I'll feel tingles again just last time when i touched his skin unknowingly.' my inner self is protesting, i accepted his hands and shook it, i then smile. I saw how his face turned red.
'Is he embarrassed, or does he feel the same like i feel when we touch each other's hands?' I uttered in my mind.
I let go of his hand.
"Well, Pas, I'll expect a call from you." He look at me straight in the eyes and nodded.
But his gaze is really what i am curious about, he's hiding something. Pain? Guilt? I cannot pin point what it is. But that sadness is really deep. I want to know him more. I want to know the reason why his eyes are not smiling the way his lips conceal the brokenness inside.
.
.