Chapter 4

Suppasit's POV

Few days had passed, i didn't contacted Mr. Nattarin, i don't accept calls from Jin either, but i texted him I'm fine so he won't worry.
My fridge is going empty, but i'm not in the mood to go to the grocery store. It's 4pm and this laziness is killing me.
"Ugh!" i grunted with frustration. "What's happening in me once again?!" i stood up, went to the bathroom and took a quick shower. I need some fresh air.
-
"Ma, Pa .. how are you?" i placed a freshly picked flowers on their tomb and sat down.
"It's been 18 years when both of you left me." some tears welled up in my eyes. "But i still miss you everyday." my voice cracked talking to them. I wiped my tears away and took a deep breath.
My parents died in a car crash when i was 12, miraculously i survived after few months of recovery in the hospital. But they succumbed to their injuries, and left me.

My aunt became my second parent, but his second husband is abusive. A drunkard rapist. I'm in rage thinking back what he has done to me when i was young. I'm glad he's dead. I decided to ran away from their house when i cannot take the abuse anymore, became homeless when i'm 16. I had nasty jobs just to support my daily living, i clung to the knife to survive. Became a toyboy of gays, relationship wrecker, fling. The apartment and car was actually a gift from someone i met in a dating site, an old guy but died due to liver failure.

"I grew up strong Ma, Pa. But i'm weak everytime i long for your love and care. There's not even a single time i didn't miss your presence." I'm crying my heart out now. I hugged my knees and sob silently. I wish this pain that lingers in my heart will soon fade. But i've been dealing with these thorns for years.
Since i was a kid, camera became my friend. I'm still using the DSLR Papa gave to me on my 9th birthday. I'm always astonished by the beauty of nature, and knowing that soon it'll wither, and die eventually, i always keep it on my files, so that one day when i'm old, when i cannot go out anymore. I can still look back with the photographs i took. Then from then on, i practiced, watch tutorials on youtube, enhancing my skill and self-studied everything.

Jin was my friend in college, he helped me with my finances when i have nothing, but i also supported my studies with nasty side hustles. I am not proud of it, i just have no other choice to earn easy money.
But one day, i fell to the hands of someone who love BDSM, i wasn't expecting it to be intense, he tied me up, scratched my whole body, bit my lips, banged my head on the wall. It's a torture, but it's his way to be aroused. I just let him do what he wants in exchange for my full tuition. When Jin saw how badly i was beaten, he was terribly mad at me, and sorry for being like that, for being stupid. He just cried.
I documented it afterwards, took a photo and compiled inside of a folder. Everytime i opened it, it triggers my fears so i left that kind of job. I fear to fall into someone like him before, I lost my trust for other people.

It's getting dark so i decided to go, i bid my goodbyes to my parents and promised i'll visit them again.
I went thru the convenience store first before heading to my apartment.
I threw myself on the bed when i got home. I cannot understand myself what's really happening. I just feel so empty and sad. It's pure chaos.

I woke up the next day with endless ringing of my doorbell.
"Arrrrgh!" i stood up, opened my eyes half-way just to see where i'm going and open the door.
"Why you're not answering my calls?!" i received a very hard hit on my forehead. It's Jinna.
I don't know but i automatically hugged him, and sob on his shoulder. I felt his hands patting my back.
"Hey what happened you jerk?!" he yelled at me but his voice is worried.
"I'm just lost again, i cannot understand me." I let go of him and let him enter my messy home.
"Oh my gracious bitch! What are you doing these past few days? Your house is like a jungle!" he exclaimed when he saw how messed up my place was. Everything scattered on the floor, cans of soda, bottle of beers, used shirts and underwears everywhere.
I slumped myself facedown on the couch. And i didn't noticed i fell asleep once again, my body and mind is just so tired to function. I'm useless.
I woken up with the delicious smell of curry rice.
I stretched my arms, cracked my joints and i stood up. I saw my friend humming while fixing the table.
"Finally you're awake. I cooked your favorite food, i threw away your rubbish, mopped the floor, cleaned your toilet!" He nagged at me but my attention is on the food.
"Itadakimasu!" I happily scooped the rice. "It seems like i haven't eaten this for ages." I jolted with excitement.
"Look at you! You're like a baby, chew it properly you'll choke!" he looked at me with pure amazement.
"Thank you Jin! I really don't know what to do without you." I faked a cry and wiped my invisible tears..
"Asshole, you worried me for Pete's sake. If I'm not really busy with my clients wedding, i pulled life out of your body!" He exclaimed and seated beside me.
"Here." I took a plate and put food for him.
"Oh thank you." He sarcastically teased me.
"Seriously, thank you. I'm just really not myself since last few days when i gave Mr. Nattarin the wrong file." I explained, he stopped and stare at me.
"What file?" He asked me.
"The one with my pictures and everything." I softly said.
"What? What pictures? Don't tell me your self shot porno?" He blabbered. I hit him.
"I don't have that. I may be nasty before but I didn't went to that point where i took the video while pleasuring myself. It was the one with my bruised shots during Uni days." I spoke in low-voice, almost a murmur.
"Geeez! What did he say?" He was really surprised.
"He said he didn't open anything. He just told me over the phone last time that i gave him the wrong file. And the moment after, i went to his office and exchanged it with the correct drive." I elucidated him the real situation. "And-" i paused.
"And what? Don't put me on the edge, spill everything." He complained.
"Offered me a job. His head photographer resigned and he want me to replace him." I added. His face lit up with joy.
"Accept the offer then!" He's really thrilled because of what I've said.
"I'm hesitant though," i stated.
"Bitch that's one in a million offer, what were you thinking?" He snapped his fingers in disbelief.
"You know my capabilities right? But i don't trust myself that much to engage in a very high morale company. I have these past experiences that kept on coming back, what will happen if it'll be .. - ugh .. " i shrugged, stood up and went to make a coffee.
"Come on, why not try? We sensed he's a nice guy, i know that he believed in your skills that's why he offered you the job, opportunity knocks once Pas." He right though. He has a point.
"But i cannot really trust rich people, they can easily manipulate the mind of person through their money." I uttered. Jin stood up and went to the sink, he washed the dishes.
"I cannot force you, and you know that. But i think it is the right time to step out from your comfort zone and socialize with people in higher positions. They can offer you high-end job. Photography became your life Pas, it made you who you are right now. But i know, there's still more in you that needed to be discovered." He explained while continuing washing the plates.
"I'm still thinking about it. Thank you Jin." I really appreciated this only friend i have. He's an angel sent from hell to make my life a little easier. Hell, not heaven. *Chuckles*
-
-
"Hello Suppasit?" A Not-so-familiar voice is on the other end of the line, my heart pounded so hard that it almost jumped out from my chest. It's 2 am and I'm editing some previous untouched pictures. It's weird for someone to call me during this time.
"Uhm .. y-yes hello? Who's this?" My anxiety triggered, but i need to confirm who is this. My hands is shaky, what the fuck.
"Oh ? You already forgotten me? What a drag." I heard noises from the background, he's somewhere crowded.
"Who the hell are you.?" I felt angst building in my chest and I'm clenching my fist. I'm irritated.
"Your boss, remember University days?" I felt like cold water being poured in my whole body. I get numbed, and froze, i cannot move. I hanged up the call.
"What the fuxk he want?" My body is pinned on the chair. Tears streamed down heavily, fear starts to creep out, and darkness starts to swallow me again.
-
.