Chapter 5

Third person's POV
.
.
After month of waiting for Suppasit's confirmation,  Mr. Nattarin finally received a call from him, accepting his job offer.
He's about to hire another person because he didn't have an assurance if Suppasit will accept it, but he finally did.
"Just sign here, here, and here." He pointed out where his new employee will sign the contract.
"Sir wait .." he stopped half-way.
"Uhm yes? Is there any problem with the contract?" He softly spoke.
"The salary. Is .. is -" he stammered when he saw the 5 digit monthly salary.
"Ofcourse." He confirmed it and smiled while watching how Suppasit's face glow with pleasure and astonishment.
"Thank you Sir." He stood up and shakes his boss' hand.
"Welcome to the family." He smiled brightly as he welcomed their new employee.
.
.
Suppasit's POV
.
I called Jin after the contract signing, I'm now in the lobby. He dropped me here earlier and left because he had to run some errands with Bank.
"Bitch i really can't believe the salary amount he put in the contract!" I exclaimed.
"Well you deserved to be part in their team, they're one of the business that tops the list of the few prestige companies here." I can hear how excited he was when i told him about the good news.
"I'll be meeting the photo editors and editorial team tomorrow. I can't wait.!" I'm just too lucky and happy to become a part of this amazing company.
I'm about to leave when Mitch, the receptionist called me to come over.
"You're the newly hired photographer head?" She asked.
"Yes, we already met last time when i went here to give to Mr. Nattarin the files." I explained and leaned a little bit.
"Goodluck to you, he's stubborn sometimes when he's stressed and when his editorial team messes up, but he's a good boss." She sweetly smiled at me.
"I can see that, he really cared for his employees," i replied.
"Good afternoon Sir," Mitch greeted him when he approached us.
"Pas you're still here." He pointed out when I'm still around.
"Uh yes sir, I'm about to leave to process my requirements to be submitted tomorrow." I uttered.
"Ah no need, I'll just take care everything. Go home and I'll see you tomorrow. I'll tell my secretary to put your table in my office." He added, and i am shocked of what he said.
"Uhm, i won't share office with the editor's team?" I confusedly asked him because it's supposed to be with my team, right? ...
"They're kinda jammed in there with the stuffs and materials," he explained firmly while staring at my eyes directly.
"Oh , i - i see .. hehe" nah i can't say anything, I feel a little awkwardness in the atmosphere, most especially when i heard Mitch giggled.
"Did you brought your car with you?" Out of the context question i wasn't able to dodge.
"Uh. No sir, Jinna dropped me here earlier. My car is on the shop. The air-conditioning system broke so i have to send it to be repaired." I told him.
"I'm heading out, you can come along." He offered, when I'm about to decline he added. "No buts, let's go." Then he started to walk away from the front desk.
"Go!" Mitch pushed my shoulder to follow Mr. Nattarin. I just look at her with amusement.
"Pas lets go." He called me so i have to ran where he is and followed him to the parking area.
"Sit here in front, I don't want to look your driver." He let out a soft laugh. 'Damn this man' the voice uttered in my head.
"Are you going home already?" He looked at his watch "It's still 2:30 pm",  He asked when i settled down and put on the seatbelt.
"I have  no where to go." I shyly mumbled.
"Go with me then," he started his car and now we're heading somewhere i don't know.
.
.
Nattarin's POV
.
After that meeting last time, when i offered him the job, i didn't heard anything from him again. I thought he wasn't interested, but I trusted my instincts, weeks after weeks, there are several new employee applicant for the vacant position, but i told them to wait for my call to proceed for the next step. But I'm waiting for a single call of confirmation, .. from Suppasit. Then last night when I'm in the middle of thinking of some whereabouts, my phone rang, and it's him.
My heart flattered. He said he's accepting the offer and i took him few weeks to deci because he dealt something personal and private. I'm not a nosy kind of person and it's out of my business so i invited him for contract signing the next day. I personally made the contract, gave him a promising amount of salary. At first he is really hesitant, but he signed after few discussions. He deserved it, his skills are something. Too bad that i met him this late. But too great that he'll be part of the team from now on. I'm just too happy.

He left right after the signing of contract, he said he'll process some of his papers and documents for the requirements. I just agreed.
I heard my tummy growled.
"Ghad i forgot i skipped breakfast and lunch because I went here so early." I said to myself, fixed my stuff and went out from my office.

I saw him in the lobby talking to Mitch, it became her habit to talk to the newly hired in the company. I just smiled while watching them chat happily. I can't find anyone, but her to be in the position with such a wonderful personality that can build rapport as early as possible to someone. She's amazing.
I felt my tummy growled again so i went to the front desk and approach them.
Pas said that he's heading out already to process his docu's but i told him not to worry about it. I decided also to put his table in my office. It a mere offer, good thing he didn't protested. But if he did, i might drag and force him to say yes. Nah just kidding.
I asked him also to come along, i always saw his hesitation but i want him to be comfortable when he's with me. I walked ahead and stopped halfway when i noticed he didn't followed, i called him once again and saw Mitch pushed him. Good girl!
We're heading to my favorite Seaview restaurant. I wish he don't have any allergy to seafoods.
"Uhm Pas?" I broke the silence.
"Yes Sir?" He replied.
"Oh please stop calling me sir when we're outside of the office, just call me Nat. Okay?" I want to build a friendship with him. I don't want him to feel intimidated and powerless.
"Okay sir, i . I mean - Nat" i chuckled. He's cute! I want to pull over and ki-- . I shook my head. What a crap thinking Nattarin.
"Good. Oh and I'm sorry i dragged you, I'm just hungry. Do you mind sharing meal with me?" I asked while my focus is on the road.
"S-sure" he timidly replied.
'Whats with him? His aura easily shifted. Am i creeping him out?' i thought to myself.
"Don't worry, it's on me. It became my ritual to give my new employees a meal after they're hired for years." I assured him. I don't want him to think I'm being too fast paced. And to overthink.

I pulled over. I went out of my car and then he followed.
I already saw Aling Martha's widest smile.
"Hello there son!" She happily hugged me the moment we entered her restaurant. Lolo Pops and Lola Ma used to bring me here before, but after Lola Passed away, Lolo merely go there.
"Let me guess, New employee?" She exclaimed joyfully when he  noticed Pas standing right behind me.
"Oh yeah, anyways, Pas meet Aling Martha, I'm her loyal customer since i can remember." I proudly told him. Finally his smile showed again. I'm glad.
After a little chithat, they served my usual order. Grilled prawn, curry rice, fish stew, and mango juice.
Suppasit ordered calamares, buttered shrimp, and curry rice. His drink is just water.
"You love curry rice too?" I asked him when i noticed he really enjoyed his food..
"Yes Sir, I mean Nat. Hehe, it's one of the very best food my parents cooked for me before. " He explained.
"I love it too. It's one of my favorite comfort food. Oh we're going to become food buddies then!" I gasped, he just let out a low sound laugh.
Watching him on my opposite side makes my heart skipped a beat.
His nose line is so perfect, long eye lashes, red plump lips, chiseled chin.
"Pas did you ever think to become a model?" I blurted out of nowhere.
"Not a single thought of it Nat. I'm conscious showing skin in front of camera. I'm into shooting people's picture only." He responded with a smile. His eyes really hides something, and it bothers me but decided not to meddle in his life. For  now.
We just silently eat our food, talking stuffs from time to time. Sharing a little information.
His walls are starting to thin out. I know one day i can totally break it and know the person hiding behind it.
"Thank you for the meal Nat." He uttered his appreciation.
"Nah no worries. Let's go?" I asked.
"Where?" He returned the question.
"I want you to meet Lola Ma, the real owner of N's Publishing Company." We're heading to the cemetery now, i bought 3 bouquets of white roses on the way.

"Hello Lola Ma. Guess who's with me?" I placed the flowers on her tomb.
"Meet my newly hired head photographer. He took my photo for the cover of our magazines release this summer, and I'm amazed with his skills." I explained with full of happiness and excitement. Suppasit on the other hand is just standing there silently watching me.
"Oh I'm sorry it's weird of me to talk to tombs." He just chuckled and said "Don't worry, i also do the same with my parents."
Waaait. Do the same. With parents? I looked at him.
Maybe he got what's going on with my mind.
"My parents died 18 years ago." He said and i saw how his eyes watered with his tears.
"Oh I'm sorry." I uttered. I'm just as broken as him as well.
"Sorry, hehe . I always like this, emotional when it comes to my parents." He wiped his tears with his hands, looked up to the sky for him not to drop any tears.
"I grew up also without parents. They died in a car crash when i was 10, my Lola Ma and Lolo Pops became my parents growing up." I explained. I can share his pain because i had the same situation as him.
I just noticed that at some point.. we have similarities.

Then the pain in his eyes is because of his parents passing,? But i believe that there is something more .. dark . and painful.
.
.