Chapter 13

Nattarin's POV

His phone is still out of reach, he's not in his apartment. Several days had passed but he haven't shown at work. Claire is asking where he is, but i just shrug because i don't know. I'm severely worried already. I tried asking some of Jin's followers about his address but they can't give me, they say it's private and i can't blame them. I'm feeling hopeless now.
"What was he thinking? We're happy these past few days then he'll text me to resign and show nothing even a shadow?" I slumped my face on the table.
I cannot focus on the working with the proposals, i told my secretary to reschedule my meetings if it's not urgent.
I went out at around 3pm , driving and hoping i can spot him somewhere.
And i'm so glad that i did! He went inside of the convenient store.
I pulled over and waited him outside.
I saw he stepped aback when he saw my car, i stepped out and went to where he is, grabbed his hand but he managed to unwrap my grip.
"What's wrong with you?" i asked him.
"Get out of my sight," he firmly said and went away. i followed him 'til outside.
"Oh please Pas, talk to me, what have i done? I don't have any idea!" i begged him. "Please let's talk about it, don't leave me hanging. I want to know. Please." I pleaded, he looked at me with ferocious eyes.
"Fine." he said. I opened my car and he hopped in. I decided to drove out of town.
All throughout the drive, he's silent and I'm getting uneasy. I don't know what he's thinking, what's in his mind. I want to break the ice but i'm afraid he'll just nag at me.
"Where are you taking me? To him? To enjoy yourselves?" he broke his silence.
I pulled over on the side of the bridge, overlooking the clear water gushing from beneath. I looked at him with pure confusion.
"Babe please enlighten me! I don't have any idea what are you talking about." I cannot grasp any idea what's he's accusing me. I'm trying to stop my voice from cracking because of the pain that builds in my throat.
"Nat please enough with your games. I cannot be manipulated by you again." His words struck my heart like i bullet. My jaw dropped and eyes widened after hearing those words that i don't even have any single idea.
"Oh come on now, I'm lost and confused! Babe what is this all about?" my tears gently rolled down from the corner of my eyes.
"I'm too dumb to believe you Nat, too blinded by the fact that i may be too empty and you filled my void,i easily fell in your traps. Your care, understanding, and kindness made me fall in love with you. Your flowery words tended my withered garden and watered my dried out world. I'm not after your money nor your luxury. I've been longing for the love that has been missing for so long. But after knowing that you know Art personally, that bastard. Do you think i'm still gonna believe you?" he's crying non-stop now, Fist clenched and gritting his teeth.
"Babe how am i suppose to know Art?" I am wildly clueless.
He took his phone and showed me the picture.
"Him, you put bets on me before right? Rich people's games are undeniably worst!" i froze when i saw Poomy's face on the screen.
"Y-you .. he .. fuck!" I screamed . i can't find any words to describe how mad i am. Shocked! Stunned. I can't believe my eyes that the friend of mine, is the one who treated Pas like an animal?!
"Nat please stop with your acting, enough already with your manipulations, I'm tired!. I really want to forget my past but it kept on hunting me, i didn't realized you and him are connected." he's sobbing while holding on the metal rail of the bridge.
"Babe he's not Art! He's Poomy! Maybe you got the wrong person." I'm trying to digest this, but i really can't. His name is Poomy, not Art. I haven't heard that name before. His credentials and papers are named as Poomy. That's why it is really hard for me to believe and accept it.
"How could i forget the face of the demon who manipulated me in his hands, and almost killed me? Oh well, he's your friend, you're gonna defend him whatever happens." he wiped his tears and looked at me, his fiery eyes are scary, I haven't seen him like this.
"Babe listen, please." i'm trying to hold his hand but he don't want me to touch him.
"Listen? With what? Your manipulative words and explanations? I'd rather die in here than to be with someone who's trying to defend that bastard." he jumped on the railing of the bridge.
"Doooon't please! Get down here!" i screamed at him ,  pleading. The bridge is high and the water is shallow and falling from here is fatal. I'm scared he might jump any minute.
"Nat how could you do this to me? Why? Why Nat? Tell me!" He wailed without looking at me, slowly i'm moving closer to him and hugged his waist with all my might when i was able to grab him.
"Come down let's talk about this, please, I want you to listen to me." with pleading voice and blurry eyes i begged him. He's trying to untangle my hands but i resisted.
"Let me go!" he's punching my arms, but i mustered all my strength just to hold him.
"I'll let you go once you're down here. Please, please i don't want to lose you, i don't want to lose someone i love again." his body is resisting my strength, but i'm not letting go of this hug.
"Nat why? Why?" he's crying heavily now.
"Get down, please." after of pleading him non-stop, he got down and sat on the curb.
I hug him. Several cars are just passing by, the sun starts to set on the west.
"I want you to listen, okay?" i told him but he replied me with silence.
"Poomy and I are friends, but we go to different universities. And swear, his name is not Art." i sighed in disbelief. How could he?!
"You want me to believe you huh?" he sarcastically said.
"Ofcourse I want you to believe me. I just knew just now that he's using that name. I don't have any idea how two-faced he is. I thought i knew him, but i was wrong. He has different set of friends in the campus, i have literally no idea he have this hustles before." i paused for a moment and continued.
"He's spoiled, his parents gives him everything he wants. I didn't expected him to turn into a monster. Listening to your story wants me to kill that Art, and now that i knew who he is, my hands are itching to chop his head off." I'm so mad, i cannot let it pass. He looked at me, shocked.
"You really haven't any idea that Art and your friend is the same person?" his eyes are questioning me.
"I swear. And i can't tail him you know, he has his own life. That bastard. He'll pay for this." I'm fuming in rage.
"I promised you, you'll get your justice, leave everything to me." i assured him.
"You're manipulating me again, right?" he stared at me straight in the eyes.
"Why would i manipulate you? You're thinking I'm just manipulating you? Pas i cannot do that to you, trust me," i'm trying shook his skepticism away, i want him to believe in me again.
"Sorry Nat, but for now, I just can't, I really can't. My thoughts are clouded." he stood up and i followed.
"Just wait, i want to gain your trust again. I want to let you know that i'm a man with words. I'll give you your justice." i held both of his shoulders and he's facing me directly.
"Let's go back, it's getting dark." he told me coldly, i nodded. I jist followed him silently.

We're going back to the city now. My thoughts aren't resting all through out the drive. I want Poomy to pay for his wrong doings, he messed up the person who really dear to me. He will experience pain, agony, and misery. He will wish not to be existed this time. I want Pas to trust me again.

Poomy, no, Art triggered my sleeping demon. I can't let this pass this time. He will feel hell, like what he inflicted to Pas, he will regret everything. I now have my plans. He will pay for this.

-

to be continued.