Chapter 21

Suppasit's POV
-

I woke up with IV drip, my left arm sores as it has a long sutures. They saved me, stitched my wound. They shouldn't do it.
I heard a snoring noise on my side.
"Nat," i mumbled and he suddenly lifted his head to meet my gazes.
"Oh my goodness you're awake!" he exclaimed anxiously.
"What are you doing here?" i asked him and shifted my attention to the dripping of IV Fluid.
"What have you done Babe?" he cried while holding my hand. "Why did you hurt yourself?" he's sobbing now.
"When will I am become enough Nat? To you, to someone else?" i asked, i felt the building of tears on the corner of my eyes, and my throat starts to ache.
"You're enough to me Pas, you're more than enough." he held my hand tightly but i untangled his grip.
"More than enough? Really?" i sarcastically said.
"What you saw two days ago was a misunderstanding." he replied wiping his tears.
"2 days ago? I'm asleep for 2 days?!" i exclaimed.
"The doctor said maybe because of your blood loss and the anesthesia." he explained when the tending doctor entered.
"Finally you're awake, how's your feeling?" she asked while adjusting the IV.
"Tired," i responded.
"Good thing you were rushed here before you lost plenty of blood. And coincidentally, the man right here is your match." she looked at Nat.
"What? His blood is flowing in my veins?" I was shocked. She just nodded.
"Anyway, because you're already awake, the psychologist will visit you here anytime soon before we can discharge you." she added.
"No, i don't need a psychologist!" i protested, i looked at Nat he nodded as if i badly needed it.
"No!" i screamed and turned my back to them. I'm not losing my marbles, i'm still in my right mind. She tapped my back and i heard her footsteps going towards the door.
"Pas," Nat uttered.
"I need to be alone, please." i muttered. I heard his deep successive sighs.

I didn't noticed that i fell asleep again, when i woke up, he's sitting beside my bed. IV drip was taken out already.
"It's 7 pm, we can go home now." he faintly smiled at me.
"Where's my phone? I need to call Jin," i looked around to see where my phone is.
"It's in the office, I told Claire to clean it because it was soaked in blood, I called Jin but he's out of town with his boyfriend. I didn't told him what happened to you. i don't want them to worry." he explained while fixing few of his things. "Also, I told manang you're going to stay in the villa for now, you can't go to work with severed hands, you need to recover first." i meet his gaze, it's sad. He is really sad. "Lolo Paps knew that i can't go home yet and will stay there, he said it's okay, and you can't decline my offer, please let me take care of you." he's on the verge of crying.
I sighed and nodded.

-

"Diosmio!" manang exclaimed when she saw how long my stitches are. "Don't do it again!" he hug me, the hug that i've been longing from a mother. Her warmth felt like I'm being held by my worried mom, her gestures. I miss my parents. I didn't noticed that few of my tears escaped, i wiped it away.
"I just missed my mother, sorry manang." i apologized.
"The room is ready, Sir you both can take a rest." she told Nat who's just standing behind holding my things, after i was discharged from the hospital, i told him i need to get few of my things in the apartment.
"Thank you manang, let's go babe." he held my hand and pulled me going to the room. Our atmosphere is gloomy, sad.
"I can sleep on the couch." i said to him.
"No, you sleep here, I'm gonna use the guest room." he responded, his eyes glimmers, not with happiness, but tears. He walked towards me, kissed my forehead and said goodnight. He then closed the door of his room.
I was left, alone, listening to the crickets outside. I stood up and went to the terrace. I looked up.
"The moon is really beautiful. I wonder how many teary faces it has been seen? How many broken promises it heard, and how many breakups it has witnessed." i uttered while watching its beauty from afar.

I wasn't able to get a good sleep that night. Why is Nat crying? Is he blaming himself of what i did to myself? I want to believe that there's nothing going on between him and Pui, but there's something in me trying to contradict. I don't know, it bugged me the whole night when i realized that after of what i witnessed that day, what i did to myself, I'm here in his property. Am i really that dumb? I don't want to remember Pui, i don't want her to cross in my mind, It just hurts me.