Chapter 2:

"My baby has an admirer!" Aunt Mira shouted, excitedly.

"He has a crush on me, too?!" Nova said, blushing a little from embarrassment, although I don't think that's the only reason.

"Yeah, didn't you know? Your mom sure didn't," Emma said.

"No, I didn't! Do Reiki and Rose know?" She asked.

"Yeah! They know," I said.

"This has become a whole conversation now, hasn't it Levy?" Mom said to her.

"Yep. I wonder how Gray will react. He definitely doesn't know, or else he wouldn't let those boys within 10 feet of Alaska. You know how he is." Aunt Levy replied.

"I don't know whether to beg you to tell him or not to tell him," I said, "I want to be able to talk to them because they're my friends, but I don't want them crushing on me."

"I feel you, girl. I had this problem of my own with Jet and Droy." Levy said.

"What did you do to solve it?" I asked her. She would know better than anyone how to fix this.

"Well, they stopped when Gajeel and I started dating. But love takes time so that's not an option," Levy said.

"Dang it! What else should I do?" I thought out loud.

"How about spend some time with us?" I heard from behind me as someone hugged me suddenly.

"KYAA!!! Alaska kick!" I kicked the person into the wall.

"My baby is all grown up!" My mom said with anime tears in her eyes.

I looked to see who I kicked, and saw Zeus on the ground dizzy, in front of a crater in the wall. Blake was next to him, and waved. I saw Aunt Kagura and Uncle Rogue shaking their heads, and Aunt Yuki face palmed while Uncle Sting laughed.

Me and the others ran over to see if he was okay.

"Sorry Zeus! You scared me, it was only a reflex, I promise!" I apologized.

"It's fine, really. I should know better than to scare you. You're Aunt Lucy's daughter, after all." He replied.

"Yes she is! And I am a proud mom right now!" I heard mom shout as Aunt Levy sweat dropped.

"I heard an Alaska kick! Who hurt my child?!" Dad said, running out of the infirmary, injuries now magically gone. He looked about ready to kill who I kicked.

My face flushed from embarrassment and I yelled back, "Dad stop! It was an accident!"

"It depends, who did you kick?" He said.

"Zeus. He scared me and it was a reflex," I explained.

"Wow, you are exactly like your mother." He said laughing.

"Gray Fullbuster that better be a compliment!" Mom said as she came over to us with Aunt Levy and Aunt Yuki.

"Zeus, you have to stop doing that. Give the girl some space." Aunt Yuki said.

"Sorry Mom," He said.

"Oh come on Yukino it was funny!" Uncle Sting said, coming over as well.

"Oh yeah? You try getting kicked by Alaska, Old Man!" Zeus said.

"Don't need to. I've gotten kicked by Lucy before. If Alaska's kick slammed you into the wall, then she's definitely Lucy's kid," He replied.

"Sting you deserved it. You stole my milkshake," Mom said bitterly.

"You still have that grudge?! I said already I didn't know it was yours!" He defended.

"Hmpf!" Mom turned her head stubbornly.

"Oh come on! I bought you two more for penance!"

I couldn't help but laugh at Mom's stubbornness. She eventually laughed as well.

"How about we do a job together, Alaska?" Asked Zeus.

"Yeah, sure. But can Emma and the others come?" I asked. I was not going to be alone with them for hours. That leaves me open for any stupid comments or actions to "protect" me.

"Yeah that's fine!" He said. I knew he was secretly disappointed, but glad that Nova would be coming to get Blake out of the way to give him a better chance.

"Great! Come on guys let's go pick a job!" I said and headed over to the board.

We searched for a job. We heard someone clearing their throat behind us and we turned around.

"I already picked out a job for you guys. It's stamped already, so you just need to pack and head to the town." Aunt Mira said.

"What do we need to do?" Blake asked.

"There are 3 parts to this job. The first part is that you have to find a book in a temple that is magically protected." She said.

"Hold it, the temple or the book?" Asked Rose.

"Both. The temple has a more or less simple protection spell on it, and the book has a spell so that only a certain type of wizard can touch it. It doesn't say what type though," She answered.

"What if none of us are the correct type?" Emma asked.

"I guess we just have to get lucky," I told her.

"Okay, well anyways. The second part is that you have to fight the guardians of the book, and retrieve it after you defeat them," she continued.

"Yes!! Now I can show off my awesome power!" Zeus said.

"Son, you don't need to show off what everyone knows you already have." Uncle Sting said.

"Let Mira continue, guys," Aunt Yuki scolded.

"The last part is to hunt down a person who's been after the book. Apparently the townspeople have been reporting a cloaked person trying to get into the temple, and they are afraid the person wants to steal the book for their own personal gain." She finished.

Oh, well that makes sense. It sounds like a simple task to be honest. She handed me the flyer so I could see what town we were supposed to go to.

"Okay guys," I told them, "pack for a two day journey. We are heading to Anoria Village."

"We'll come too," My mom said, pointing to her and Aunt Erza.

"Mom no!" I begged her, "You're pregnant and I don't want to risk Silver's safety. Dad can come instead, okay?"

She sighed. "Fine. Gray, is that okay with you?" She asked.

"Yeah that's fine. Levy, can you and Mira take care of Lucy while I'm gone?" Dad asked.

"Absolutely! We can have a two-day sleepover!" She suggested.

"Yes please! Laxus is on a job with the Thunder Legion and I'm gonna be so bored with Nova gone!" Aunt Mira said.

"Great! Good luck guys. Stay safe," my mom said as she kissed my cheek and kissed Dad in the lips. Ew, but whatever.

Emma said bye to her dad, who was fighting with mine. I saw Aunt Levy secretly hand her a bag of iron pieces, which I assume was part of Uncle Gajeel's secret stash. Hey, they warned him. His fault he didn't listen. We went home to pack, then went to the train station with Happy and my Dad, and Aunt Erza. We sat down on the train and I put my stuff on the floor so Emma could sit next to me.

She has motion sickness like her dad, so I do what my mom taught me. I lay her head in my lap and play with her hair to calm her. Mom says that every dragonslayer has motion sickness, and this works with all of them. Rosemary knocked out Zeus and Blake so the trip would be easier on them, and Reiki make some cake with his magic, and gave it to his mom and Rose so they could eat. That family loves their cake. Nova held her head out the window because of her motion sickness. Even if her, Blake, and Zeus weren't dragon slayers, they still had motion sickness because of their dads. Genetics suck sometimes, don't they? Happy slept on my head while Dad sat next to me. The train ride was filled with snores, munching, and gagging.