Chapter 5:

We loaded our bags onto them, which took awhile because Aunt Erza had a LOT of things, and split into 2 groups to ride them both. Me, Dad, Emma, Nova, and Blake were on Spark, and Aunt Erza, Reiki, Rosemary, and Zeus were on Ash. Happy flew beside us as the two Sabiriuns ran at full speed in the direction of the guild. About halfway there Happy got so tired from trying to keep up with us, that he flew into my lap and slept. I kept my backpack with me to make sure it didn't fall off. The book was stored in there, and I didn't want it to fall into the wrong hands, even though I seem to be the only one who can touch it.

After 5 minutes we reached Magnolia. We got here about 8 times faster than we would have if we rode a train. And the best part is, not one of the dragon slayer spawns actually got sick. Emma, Nova, Zeus, and Blake were all cheering with us at how fast we were going. I think this is now their preferred mode of transportation.

We dropped everyone off at their houses and apartments, in which most of them lived in Fairy Hills since only the boys who had families can live there. Aunt Erza changed the boys allowed rule when the boys got herself, Mom, Aunt Levy, Aunt Mira, and Aunt Juvia pregnant. Well, I heard from Mom that Uncle Lyon and Aunt Juvia might have a baby, so I'm not completely sure she's pregnant but it's a possibility.

We agreed to meet back at the guild so we could split the money equally and also introduce my new "pets." I can't wait to see everyone's reactions to them.

I bet Wakaba and old man Macao would run away scared, hahaha!! I laughed at the thought of the old pervs running away at the sight of Spark and Ash.

Dad and I got back to the house and unpacked. I think Mom is still at the guild, considering we are back a day early. It was supposed to be a two-day job but we came back this morning, since we travelled back to Magnolia during the night. It took most of yesterday to even get to the village, because we had to physically drag SOME PEOPLE to the train station because they didn't want to take the train.

It turns out Sabiriuns have a lot of stored up energy, because Spark and Ash weren't even tired after running all night. I guess that's what makes them such good protectors. They can protect me without having to sleep much because they have so much energy.

We unpacked, got Happy some more fish since he ran out, and headed back to the guild. We kinda scared the townfolk a little because Spark and Ash were so big. I should keep in mind to introduce the town to them so they don't have to be scared. I can't exactly get rid of those two after all.

The guild has wrecked the guild hall so many times that Gramps just renovated everything to be bigger, so Spark and Ash won't have much trouble fitting in or even entering it. I sometimes wonder if Gramps had the power of foresight like Carla, because most of his decisions are extremely lucky and useful in the future. It must be why he's the guildmaster in the first place. He's smart and wise.

We met the others outside the guild hall, and entered together, with the two "creatures" behind us. Everyone, even Gramps, froze when they saw us, or rather, when they saw THEM.

Mom dropped her milkshake and Uncle Gajeel dropped . . . well . . . Aunt Levy. They looked at us in shock.

"Okay I know what you're gonna ask," I said first, "and these creatures are not a threat. Well, unless you hurt me, but other then that their fine. They listen to my commands too so they won't go rogue or anything," I explained.

"They're so cute!" Aunt Levy, Wendy, and Mom squealed. They ran over, apparently not afraid anymore, and started petting them. They purred like the big cats they are. Everyone eventually warmed up to them, and I found out that they can actually change their size. So now Ash is wrapped around my neck sleeping while I'm carrying Spark.

Aunt Mira set down bowls filled with meat for them, while Uncle Sting and Dad were busy arguing. I decided to tune into their conversation.

"You're not taking them, Lightbulb!" Dad shouted.

"They're sabertooths! They belong at the Sabertooth guild! They can be our mascots!" Uncle Sting argued back.

"Even if I did allow you to take them, they wouldn't leave! Their entire reason for being here is to protect Alaska!" Dad argued.

"Well why then?!" Uncle Sting asked.

"Cause of some stupid book we found. Now stop trying to take them away!"

Uncle Sting stopped arguing and thought for a minute. He then smirked like he came up with a great idea. He ran over to me and Spark started growling, which woke Ash up, who also started growling. He was surprised but still attempted whatever he was going to do. He opened my bag and reached for the book.

"Wait don't-!" I shouted, but the electric shock that protected the book blew him back anyways.

"What the hell?!" He grunted as he got up.

"I tried to warn you. The book has some sort of ancient protection on it that can't be broken, and makes it so that only I can touch the book. I'm the book's guardian, after all. And Spark's and Ash's entire purpose for living is to protect the guardian. That's why they can't leave me," I explained.

"What's so special about the book?" Aunt Yuki asked.

"That's the thing," Zeus answered for me, "She wouldn't even tell US. All we know is that the book contains instructions for a dangerous ritual, but we can't read it because it's in a language that only the guardian can decipher."

"So unless she tells us, we have absolutely no idea how important that book really is?" Uncle Rogue asked.

"Silence, everyone!" Gramps shouted. "There's a reason the book can only be read by Alaska. It must be too dangerous for just anyone to read. Alaska has her reasons, and we will respect that and not pressure her. That goes for our guests as well." He said, eyeing Uncle Sting.

"Yes, Master," everyone but me responded.

"However," Gramps added, "we can brag about having two new mascots," he said with a smile as he drank his beer.

Everyone cheered and Uncle Sting grumbled while Aunt Yuki laughed at him, patting his back. We all partied and Mom, Dad, Spark, Ash, and I eventually went home, knowing Mom and Aunt Juvia would be the only people sober other than the kids. That night, I slept with two friendly Sabiriuns next to me, and a book in my arms. I would protect that book with my life, because that's the unknown fate I accepted when I entered that temple. At least I've gained two new friends.