Chapter 10:

"Mom!" I shouted as I ran over to her and hugged her, thinking about what Loke had said. I had been gone since last night, which meant it was now day time.

"Alaska! You're safe thank god!" She said as she hugged me back.

"Mom, do you know where we are?" I asked her.

"No, the bubble prevented me from seeing anything- " She started as she looked around. Her face changed to a shocked expression.

"Look familiar? It should be, Miss Lucy," the girl said to Mom.

"Why are we here?! How do you know about this place?" Mom suddenly asked her. The girl just shrugged, refusing to answer.

"Mom, what is this place?" I asked her.

"Erza and Levy told you about a certain someone, right?" She asked me.

I nodded, knowing I shouldn't say his name.

"Well this is the place he took me to when he kidnapped me during mating season for the second time. This is a mostly magic proof cell. Almost no magic can even scratch the bars and wall. In fact, this isn't just the same place, this is the exact same cell he took me to," she told me. My eyes softened as I realized the emotional toll this must put on her.

"Hey, why do you have your hood on anyway. I've seen your face, and I'm pretty sure you don't have anything to hide from Mom if you've got nothing to hide from me." I told the girl, who was still present and watching us.

"Fine, but your mother might not like what she sees," she warned as she took off her hood. I didn't understand, since she just looks like a regular girl.

Moms eyes widened as soon as she got a good look at her face.

"You've realized, haven't you Miss Lucy?" The girl asked.

Mom nodded. "You're his daughter, aren't you? You're Natsu's daughter." She said.

"Correct. Do you know what that means as well?" She asked.

"It means either two things. You want revenge for him, or he's the one responsible for kidnapping us. You just do all of the dirty work," Mom said.

"That second option would be correct. My name is Ember Dragneel. I'm a sun god slayer, and fire wizard." She introduced herself.

"Who's . . . " Mom stopped her sentence.

"My mother? Her name was Elise Dragneel. She died when I was almost two years old. Dad did love her, but when she died, E.N.D. made him remember his feelings for you. He's obsessed with you all over again. Since Mom died, no one has his mark anymore. He wants to mark you, and to do that, he needs you two." Ember explained.

"Why me, though?" I asked, butting in.

"You are the Guardian, are you not? The ritual described in that book is called the Devil's Removal. It's a ritual for removing a mating mark placed by a devil or devil slayer. Once your mother's mark is gone, my dad can mark her. We just need you to decipher it since we can't read it, and neither of us can even touch it." She told us.

"Where is the book?" I asked.

"In my father's office. It was hard to get it here, I must admit. It took hours. I had to wear special gloves just so I didn't get shocked or blown back," She revealed.

She left us alone after that. Mom sighed after a few minutes, then said she would explain what happened last mating season.

"Lisanna came back after several years of being thought dead. We became friends fast. Her and Natsu were childhood friends, while I never knew her because I had only joined the guild the year before, almost 19 years ago. Natsu, Happy, and I formed a team when I joined. Natsu and I were best friends, extremely close to the point where he would break into my house at night to sleepover. It was annoying and I often kicked him for it, but at least I was never lonely. Both Lisanna and I had crushes on Natsu. It turned out that Natsu actually liked me back, but we both never confessed.

A few weeks after Lisanna came back, Natsu started ignoring me. I thought it was fine, because his friend just came back and he wanted to spend time with her. He started to bully me shortly after, saying I was weak and used my spirits as shields, letting them fight for me. His words hurt me a lot. The day before mating season started, we went on a mission to eradicate a rogue guild. Natsu was the only one who read the job flyer, and made it seem less dangerous than it actually was. He made up this unknown plan to get me to prove I wasn't weak, and I became the bait for the rogue guild. The whole guild attacked me and Natsu kept the others away so they wouldn't help me. I took out half of that guild before I collapsed. I almost died because of him.

I fell out of love with him and had a new crush on your father. When it was mating season, Natsu kept coming after me to mark me and mate. I was actually your father's mate. Gray protected me. Natsu kidnapped me and took me to an old mansion to forcefully mark me, but Gray saved me and they fought, in which he won, leaving Natsu unconscious. The second time Natsu kidnapped me, he took me here. This is a secret cell that is located underneath our guild hall. No one but the mates and the slayers, plus a few others, know it's even here. This place is soundproof, and built to imprison Fairy Tail's worst enemies." Mom explained.

"What happened next?" I asked her.

"Well, at that point your dad had already marked me. Natsu tried removing his mark by marking me himself. It hurt like hell. I was immobilized for hours, with pain so unbearable I wanted to die just to get rid of it. After about 6 hours of pain and screaming, Gray and our friends, plus Master, came down and saved me, having Wendy use her magic to get rid of the pain. I passed out from overexertion and sleep deprivation, and woke up in the infirmary. After that, Gray re-marked me, which hurt so bad they had a council healer and Chelia from Lamia Scale come over to help Wendy get rid of the pain.

After a few hours of using up their magic, the process was finally over. When I was unconscious before, Gray had beaten and froze Natsu so he wouldn't bother me until mating season was over. After it was over, we thawed him out and Master kicked him out for kidnapping, bullying, and . . . um . . . sexual harassment. We never saw him again." She finished.

"I'm gonna ignore the sexual harassment part," I said to her.

"So in the time he was kicked out, Natsu found his mate, had Ember, found out his mate died, and then came up with a plan on how to get you back?" I asked.

"According to Ember, yes." Mom confirmed.

"Dad isn't going to be happy, that's for sure," I mentioned. Mom agreed.

"He's going to be pissed enough that we were kidnapped, but when he finds out it was Natsu, all hell will break loose. They hate each other's guts."