Chapter 4:

"Okay, what the heck are these things?!" Dad said.

"I don't know. They must be the guardians but I have no idea what kind of creature they are. It looks like a mix of a huge sabertooth but with devil horns on their heads, and no tusks," I answered.

"They aren't doing anything," Dad noticed.

"Yeah you're right. They are just looking at us," I said, "wait I have an idea."

I took a step towards the book and their heads snapped towards me. Kinda creepy actually. They watched me carefully as I took a few more steps, and dad got ready to run towards me if they showed any hostility. I got to the book, and waved dad over. When he moved, they instantly growled. He froze.

"Well, I don't think they'll let me take even a step towards it. For some reason they like you," Dad said to me. I agreed.

I took that as an advantage and touched the book, preparing myself for any shocks or protection spells that they said would be placed on it. I touched it and nothing happened. I looked back at everyone to see they were as confused as me. I picked the book up and turned around. The creatures suddenly moved. Instead of lunging at me to attack, they sat down. Well only one of them did. The other went towards the entrance. My friends stood back, cautious and scared. Who wouldn't, that thing was huge!

It placed a paw on the enchantment around the room and it disappeared. The creature came back and sat down, like it's friend. Everyone who was stuck came in and towards us, under the watchful eye of those creatures.

"Well, that was weird," Emma said.

We all agreed.

"Open the book and see what it says," Reiki instructed me.

I opened it, and everyone gathered around me to see.

"It's in the same language as that first enchantment," said Aunt Erza, "can you two read it?" She asked me and Dad.

"Actually, no I can't," Dad said.

"I can, though. I wonder why," I replied.

"We'll figure it out later. Does it say anything useful? Should we give it to the village elder?" Asked Nova.

"Let me see," I said as I read it. Emma handed me Gale Forest reading glasses so I could read it quicker.

A few minutes passed by, and I finished reading it.

"No. We cannot give this to anyone. We have to keep it. I have to keep it," I said.

"Can you tell us why?" Zeus asked me.

"This book has instructions on what sounds like a very dangerous ritual called The Devil's Removal. It has the potential to kill a person. It says whoever is capable of touching this book, is the guardian of it. These creatures," I said while pointing to the two huge animals sitting, "were the makeshift protectors of the book until the real guardian came. They must have sensed I was the guardian, and that's why they let me pass." I explained.

"Well then, we cannot allow anyone but you to have it," Aunt Erza said in her most serious tone.

"One more thing," I mentioned as we were about to leave.

"What?" Asked Blake.

"These creatures are called a Sabiriun. They are not only the former protectors of this book, they are also supposed to be the current protectors of the book's guardian. They have to come back with us, in other words." I said.

"What?! They won't fit on the train!" Zeus said.

"Yep, so it looks like we aren't taking the train," I said.