Chapter 14:

We tiptoed down the stairs and came across a hallway at the foot of the staircase that had cells lining the wall on the opposite side. The doors next to the stairs lining the wall opposite of the cells were closed. I saw, a few cells down on the right, the cell we were in.

I looked to the left side away from that cell, and heard noises from one of the closed doors. I quietly and carefully walked over and pressed my head against the door.

Clank!

Pop!

Silverware? Do I hear bubbling? This must be the kitchen where they prepare our food! They must be cooking it right now. If I hear silverware then it must almost be done! Which means Natsu's gonna deliver the food to an empty cell in a few minutes! We have to hurry.

I shook my head at Mom and Gramps, and they started carefully checking the other rooms. I went to another one and opened the door a crack, seeing it was an office. I saw the book on the desk.

"This must be Natsu's office!" I heard Mom whisper to me from behind. I turned around to see her and Master behind me. We walked in and my eyes widened at the sight in front of me.

Ember was sitting down in front of the desk with bruises and a few cuts, and a huge gash on her cheek. She was bandaging her wounds. She didn't bandage them well, but it was enough to make the bleeding from her cuts stop. Her black eye was gone, at least. She looked up and her eyes widened. She was looking straight at us.

"Lucy?! Alaska?! What are you doing here?!" She asked.

"What?! You can see us?" I asked, Mom's hand was no longer covering my mouth.

"But we are supposed to be invisible!" Mom said.

I looked over to where I saw Gramps, but I couldn't see him. That must mean he's still invisible! The two of us must have done something to break our cloaking spell.

"What the-?! What are you two doing out of your cell?!"

We turned around and saw Natsu standing there, angry as hell. A look of fear crossed our faces.

"Damn it Ember! You had ONE F*CKING JOB!!" Natsu yelled, turning his anger towards her. Ember began shaking as she cringed back, waiting for a blow from him. I kicked his hand away from her right as he was going to slap her. He got angry and slapped me instead.

"You let them out, didn't you. . ." He said to her.

"I-I didn't! Father I swear I didn't release them! Please believe me!" She yelled, crying. Her hands shook so much she dropped the gauze she was holding.

"Do NOT yell at me!! You dare yell AND lie to me?! You will get a much worse punishment after I put these two back in their cell!!" He yelled at her.

He grabbed my arm and Mom's, and started dragging us back to the cell. He turned back towards Ember and gave her a death glare.

"You will STAY and await your punishment, you worthless piece of shit!" He ordered. She only nodded, too afraid to speak.

He dragged us back and threw me into our cell. He held Mom's arm to his nose and breathed in, inhaling her scent.

"God, Luce. I've missed your scent so much." He said softly. Mom whimpered. He yanked her arm and she stopped.

He sniffed again and his eyes widened.

"Why do you have the old man's scent on you?!" He demanded.

Oh shit, we forgot he was a dragonslayer! He can smell Gramps's scent on Mom because of the cloaking spell!

Mom didn't answer, and he growled in defeat. He pushed her into the cell and locked the door.

"Guess I gotta find him myself. Haven't seen Gramps in awhile. I should say hi to him. We can catch up. After all, he was my master too," he smiled evilly and walked away.

I wrapped my arms around my legs and put my head down. I felt Mom sit down next to me and hug me.

"What's he going to do to Ember?" I asked her. My voice was muffled.

"You know what he's going to do. I just hope it isn't too much worse than his usual. Natsu was the leader of the strongest team in Fairy Tail, which included me and your father. And Happy of course. If he's really mad, he can possibly KILL her if she's not at least close to him in power level. We don't know if she is, and she doesn't want to hurt him so she won't fight back," Mom said sadly.

"Then we have to get the book and save her before he DOES kill her," I heard Gramps's voice say.

I looked up and saw him appear out of thin air on the other side of the bars. He held up a key and opened the door. He must have pickpocketed Natsu while invisible. We got up and Gramps blew some blue dust on us. I sneezed, and Mom smiled.

"Wendy's scent concealing dust. You smart old man," she said. Gramps laughed.

"I may be old, child, but I'm still wise," he replied. We ran back to the office and hid near the door, waiting for Natsu to leave so we can get the book and Ember. Natsu opened the door and walked out, not seeing us. He went into another room, which I assume was his bedroom, and shut the door.

We snuck in and looked around. I grabbed the book off of his desk. We searched around but didn't find Ember. All we saw was a stain of blood, which worried me a lot.

I used my devil nose and caught a whiff of her scent. We followed it and quietly opened a door next to the kitchen. Right when I opened the door, Ember's scent was replaced with the overpowering scent of blood.

I gagged. "The scent of blood . . . t-there's so much of it . . ." I said as I covered my mouth. I tried blocking out the horrible metallic scent so I wouldn't throw up. As soon as I got used to the scent, we walked in, and it was another bedroom, probably Ember's. Her bedsheets were damp with blood, and I opened the door to the bathroom.

I almost screamed, but Mom covered my mouth and I whimpered, tears threatening to fall from my eyes.

I looked in horror at Ember, who was laying on the ground unconscious, a pool of blood leaking from cuts and gashes all over her body. What wasn't covered in blood-leaking cuts, was covered in bruises and burns. A few inches from her hand was an open medical kit.

She must have been about to fix her wounds when she collapsed from blood loss, I thought as the overwhelming scent of blood entered my nose again, an even worse scent than before. Her head lifted slightly and then fell back down. She was still alive, but barely.

Her head lifted again, and she looked at us with her pleading onyx eyes and said, "Please, get me . . . out of . . . here."

She fell completely unconscious.