Chapter 3:

"Finally!" Zeus groaned as him, Nova, Blake, and Emma trudged off the train, sick to their stomachs.

"Pft. What happened to showing off your power?" I teased him. He blushed and mumbled something inaudible. I think he said, "Dang it she's right." Or maybe that's what I wanted to hear him say? Nah, he definitely said I'm right.

After the four of them got over their motion sickness, and two of them kissed the ground might I add, we met up with the elder of the village for the job.

"Are you from Fairy Tail?" He asked.

"Yep. Do you want to see our marks?" Dad asked. The elder nodded, and we showed him our marks.

Dad lifted his shirt, Aunt Erza turned to her side to show her shoulder, and  Happy turned around. Next the twins showed theirs, which were in blue and red on their opposite shoulders like their parents. I showed him my gold emblem on my right hand, and Emma turned around so he could see her purple emblem on her right shoulder blade. Nova moved her hair so he could see her red mark on her neck. Zeus and Blake had their Sabertooth marks on their shoulders. We had to explain to the elder that they were helping us with the mission. He allowed it.

"So the temple is on the hill right behind the village, in clear sight. Once you break the protection spell, you have to defeat the guardians of the book and then bring it back to me. Then you have to catch the person trying to take the book, and bring them here so we can lock them up. It's a simple retrieval mission if you think about it, but you're retrieving two things instead of one. Thank you and good luck," he said.

We were guided to the edge of the village and left alone to climb the hill.

"Wait, he didn't say what type of wizard can touch the book! What happens when the wrong person makes contact it?" Aunt Erza realized.

"I don't know. I hope no one gets hurt because they weren't the one who can touch it. Let's just hope for the best and keep climbing," Nova replied as she continued on.

We reached the entrance to the temple and oh my mavis, it was HUGE. It looked really old, and was made of rock and sandstone.

"Well, let's go in and find that book," Dad said. He ran to the entrance.

"Dad/Uncle Gray wait!" Me and Emma shouted.

"Ugh!" He said as he slammed into an invisible wall and fell back.

"Gray, there's a protection spell, remember?" Aunt Erza reminded him.

"O-Oh yeah, I forgot, sorry," He said.

"Hey, do you think it's an enchantment?" Emma asked.

"Yeah maybe. Hold on let me try something," I replied, heading to the entrance. I signalled for Nova to follow me.

"Hey Nova, I need to to put your hand on the spell so I can see if any words come up. If it's like Uncle Freed's enchantments, then instructions should appear above," I explained. She nodded and placed her hand on the invisible barrier. The barrier became visible under her touch, and I stepped back to see if any words appeared. They did. Surprisingly, the words were translatable.

"Okay, it says this is the temple of the Devil. This temple was made to honor the devils so that they wouldn't harm the village. Devils are rare, there are only about 7 left in the world. Only a pure devil can break the enchantment. Wow that's a lot to read," I said, turning around.

"Girl, you can read that?!" Emma asked me. I tilted my head, confused.

"Yeah, can't you?" Dad asked.

"Um, no?" Everyone but him is replied.

"It must be that only devils, devil slayers, and people of the village can read it," Aunt Erza decided.

"So because Dad is an ice devilslayer and I'm a celestial ice devilslayer, we are the only ones who can read it?" I asked myself out loud.

"Seems so," Dad answered me.

Dad and I walked towards the temple entrance, ignoring the protests of everyone. We walked past Nova, who still had her hand on the barrier, and walked in with no trouble. The words disappeared and Nova fell forward, landing on the ground in the temple.

"Well, it seems like we can enter now," she said with a mouthful of dirt. I helped her up and everyone followed me and Dad.

I don't know how or why, but it seems like I knew where I was going. Dad too. It's like there's this invisible rope pulling, actually it's leading, us somewhere. Probably the book. If that book has this kind of magnetic pull, it must be important.

"Hey guys?" I said.

"What is it, Alaska?" Blake asked.

"It might be just me, but I don't think we should give them the book anymore. It has a very strong pull and it's heavily protected. It must be important for something, and that something might be a bad thing," I told them.

"It's not just you. I feel the same way. This magnetic pull leading us, it's so strong I couldn't pull away even if I wanted to," Dad added.

"Okay then how about this," Aunt Erza suggested, "If you can touch the book and read the enchantment, there's a good chance you can read the book as well. Read it, not out loud though, and see if there is something we don't know about it."

Everyone agreed with her and we decided that's what we would do. We kept walking, from one tunnel to the next. It was like a huge maze that was really easy for us because this pull lead us through it. We arrived in a big room, with a blue book on a lectern. We walked into the room. Well more like Dad and I did. The others got stopped by something.

"Ugh, another enchantment?!" Zeus said, annoyed.

"Yep, very protected indeed," Rose said.

"We can't get passed this. It looks like it's not de-spelled as easily as the last one. Guys, go on and get the book. Be careful of those guardians Mira mentioned," Aunt Erza warned us.

We nodded and stepped forward. As soon as we were a few steps away from the book, two creatures appeared from both sides.