Chapter 26:

The guild, as expected, had a HUGE party when we came back. It was definitely fun, but I kinda had to watch Ember every second to make sure she didn't do anything wrong. She didn't know a lot about our world since she's been stuck with her dad in one place for most of her life.

Exhibit A, would be the fact she tried to drink booze because she saw the adults drinking it and she thought she was supposed to also. I had to snatch it away and explain to her why we can't drink it. She apologized, and I introduced her to everyone instead. Zeus, being the idiot he is, tried to flirt with her. I hugged her, pulling her away, growling at him. He's literally like, 4 years older than her. No way in hell am I gonna let him flirt with my new little sister on Day 1. Actually, I wouldn't let him do it on any day at all.

He gave up and they only became friends instead. To us, she was the new baby of the group, the youngest we had to protect. She joined the team as well. I failed to do one job though, and that was to keep Aunt Mira and her matchmaking away from Ember. I was distracted, okay? I don't see her for 3 seconds, and I find Mira explaining to her what ships were. I pulled her away and Mom scolded the matchmaker, while Mira pouted and Uncle Laxus sweat dropped. Nova didn't try doing that though out of respect for me. She knew I'd beat her ass if she tried finishing what her mother was trying to teach Ember. Luckily she only knows what ships are, and not how "fun" it is to matchmake others. I still say that's a win for me.

Reiki did actually end up seeing my room. He laughed at my red face and helped me clean it up, saving me some embarrassment since he's not one to make fun of people. We had an extra room that we've been using as a guest room, so Mom and Ember are going to be redecorating it for her. For now, Ember is sleeping in our parents' room and Mom's making Dad sleep on the couch.

The first night of my "sleepover" with Reiki went well. Except for the fact Mom made us sleep in the same bed. Sometimes I wonder if Aunt Mira possessed her for a few minutes.

We woke up to Ember yelling, "I'm gonna eat your pancakes!" from downstairs. She hasn't even been here a day and Mom is already telling her the best ways to wake me up. She's gonna fit in just fine.

"Oh HELL no!" I yelled back as I got up and ran downstairs. Poor Reiki was tired after trying to keep up with me because we had to stay close to each other. He came downstairs just in time to see me snatch my plate of pancakes away from Ember, and yell "mine!" as she laughed.

I looked over at him and noticed he was really tired. I gave him one of my pancakes as compensation, which he laughed at, and then he made me a strawberry cupcake in return. I took a bite and my eyes sparkled. It was so good!

"Now I know why you're family loves cake," I said as I munched on it and my pancakes. He laughed.

"Well one thing we have in common is our love for strawberries, I guess," he replied as he made another for Mom, and then one for him.

"I love this kid," Mom sighed as she took another bite of her cupcake.

I don't know whether she was talking about Reiki for making her the cupcake, or Silver for giving her the craving for it.

Dad grumbled something, and Reiki made a vanilla cupcake, and get this, the icing was Elsa themed. Mom and I laughed our heads off while Ember looked at us, confused because she didn't know the joke yet. Dad sighed in annoyance. Reiki then smiled, and used his magic to give the icing another form. It was now light blue with a white snowflake on top. Dad smiled and took a bite, then avoided eye contact and kept eating it, not wanting to admit it was the best cupcake he'd ever tasted.

We went to the guild and we're greeted by our guildmates, but then Master called us up to his office. Reiki, me, Mom, Dad, Ember, and Master Mavis were now in Master's office, along with him, of course.

"So Ember, how is the guild treating you? Do you like Fairy Tail?" He asked.

Ember nodded.

"It's a family," she said, "A family, like the one that disappeared when my real mom died. This one won't disappear too, right?" She asked hopefully.

Master smiled softly at her.

"No, child. Fairy Tail is what we like to call a forever family. It means it will last forever. The spirit of Fairy Tail, I mean. Some of us may get hurt. Some may even die. But the family bond that everyone in this guild has will never disappear. The bond we have is not bound by blood. Quite the opposite even. The bond everyone in this building has, is bound by friendship, and the trust we have in each other. This my dear, is a true family. One worth fighting for," he said.

"So tell me, Ember. Will you fight for this family?" Master Mavis asked her.

There was no hesitation in her answer.

"Of course! What kind of family member would I be, if I didn't fight for the ones I love. Natsu might be my father, but he is not my family. You guys are!" She smiled.

Master, happy with her answer, took us downstairs, stood up on the bar, and held the Fairy Tail stamp in his hand. He cleared his throat, and everyone stopped talking and looked at us. Everyone who joined the guild, even Guildarts and Uncle Jellal, was present in the guild hall today, exactly like we requested. No one was on a job. Everyone, even Spark and Ash, and the exceeds, were here, giving us their attention.

Gramps turned to Ember.

"So, Ember Fullbuster, where do you want our family's emblem placed?"