Training - Levi's POV

3rd person POV:

Levi was watching from a distance over the Cadets, all stumbling and rushing to get their raincoats on and get their bags on their backs. Clearly no one wanted to be last. He scanned his eyes over the the ground of cadets that were now making their way into the opening of the woods. He wondered where you were. 

He skimmed his eyes over the whole area, trying to find you. 

"Tch for god sake" He spoke to himself when he finally caught sight of you, helping Armin who hadn't even put his bag on his back. 

Levi hadn't noticed but Erwin had approached him from behind. "See to it that she shows her full strength. She needs to know her own strength in order to have the confidence to join us." He spoke confidently. Levi started slightly but gained his composure back quickly. "You don't think she'll just do it on her own? I'm not her father" Levi bluntly stated. Erwin looked down at him aggressively. 

"You were the one who convinced her that day Levi." 

Those words alone made Levi's eyes widen. He was right. She wasn't confident enough in herself alone to show no restraint on her skills.

He decided to jog alongside her, hidden by the trees in the woods, just incase he didn't need to say anything to her. But as Erwin had assumed, she didn't show any signs of going as fast as she could. He had to intervene. 

He made his way over to her side, just close enough so she could hear him.

"You can't hold yourself back like this Cadet"

(Y/N) stumbled in her step. He could tell by the blank expression she briefly held that he had triggered a flashback of some sort.

"Wha-what??" She turned to look at him, and he could tell she knew exactly where the voice was coming from. 

"Cadet Arlert is going to be fine. Show your full skill or forget about ever being a soldier." He continued his attempted words of encouragement and she went blank again. More flashbacks?

"I know you can run faster than this. Show us what you can do Brat!"

He finally revealed himself and she locked eyes with him. "Don't hold yourself back for other cadets (L/N)".

She quickly turned her gaze over to Cadet Arlert "He's right (Y/N)! I'll be fine, I'll see you at the end of the course okay?" I could see he was giving her an encouraging look and urging her to go on without him. She turned her face back to Levi and all he could do at this point was give her a nod of encouragement, hoping she would go on. Then off she went. Full speed. 

She was incredibly gifted. She had the ability to completely turn to her instincts and just go. He had to admire her for that. He knew that she had always been able to do that. Ever since she was just 14...