Chapter 16 - Reunited

"He knows exactly where the weak spot is and he knows hand to hand combat. What is that thing?" Mikasa was just as shocked as I was.

We watched as this thing mowed down every titan in it's path with ease and incredible speed. It was moving like a human and was much more mobile than the other titans, but it's skills could only take it part of the way.

Soon it was too outnumbered to be able to move. The titans began to close in on it and once that happened, it had no choice but to give up. 

Me, Armin and Mikasa all took an anxious step forward and gasped as it began to be devoured. 

"It's own kind is eating it" Armin stated, a small sound of concern in his voice. 

After a few minute, there was almost nothing left of it and the other titans began to move on leaving behind nothing but a vanishing corpse and bones. 

I stood there, my jaw hanging open, unable to process what I had just witnessed. 

"Hey guys, it's just another titan right? Don't act so upset" Connie turned around and stated bluntly. 

He was right, but this one was so different from the others. I had never seen anything like it. 

We were about to turn and go back to the task at hand when we saw movement down below. We turned back around and almost in sync with each other gasped and widened our eyes.

I rubbed my eyes to make sure my brain wasn't deceiving me, but I still saw what I saw. 

Eren.

He was kneeling down with his eyes close, emerging from the nape of the titan. I couldn't move and I couldn't speak. 

This day was fucking weird man

"Come on!" Mikasa shouted grabbing me and Armin and jumping down to get to Eren. I snapped out of it and engaged ODM gear so I wouldn't fall flat on my face, and Armin did the same. The three of us sped over to Eren and climbed on top of the carcass to get to him.

Me and Mikasa grabbed him and pulled until he came unstuck from the evaporating body. I put my face up to his and he was boiling hot. Mikasa put her ear to his chest to check for a heartbeat and looked me dead in the eyes. 

He was alive.

My eyes began to fill up with the tears that I had been holding back since we had found out he had been eaten, and this time I let them spill over.

Mikasa started to bawl her eyes out as she held Eren close to her and Armin held his hand, shaking. I wrapped my arms around both Eren and Mikasa and began to cry silently into erens back, Armin placed his hand on my back and kneeled down next to me. 

The three of us sat there for at least 10 minutes, hugging and crying around our dear friend who we thought was gone. 

We were back together again.

And I would do everything in my power to make sure it stayed that way.