Chapter 2 - The First Flashback

A/N: Hey guys! I'm gonna try a different POV this chapter. I'm gonna try writing it from your POV rather than a 3rd person POV, I hope you enjoy!:) 

As expected, Sasha was already ready to leave, like the hyperactive golden retriever she was and waiting for me and Mikasa to be ready in our room.

"Ladies we're losing precious time come on!" She exclaimed attempting to help Mikasa put her harness on, which earned a firm whack on the hand from Mikasa. Sasha quickly pulled her hands back away and shut her mouth. I smiled at my two friends "Some of us have only just finished breakfast man" I flicked Sasha's forehead as I stood up to pull my harness all the way up, jumping slightly to get it in place. "Some of us are just slightly sick of this quirky bullshit every time we do something new by now" Mikasa's muffled voice spoke out from behind her red scarf as she tied her shoelaces. "Hey I'm sorry! It's just that Connie ALWAYS needs my help putting his harness on. It was just an automatic response!" Sasha held her hands up in defence. "Maybe YOU shouldn't take so long to get ready" She leaned down towards Mikasa, who was still sitting while buckling up her harness. Mikasa looked up and swatted Sasha's face away with a straight face. I laughed along with Sasha and grabbed my jacket along with my journal and a pen, which slipped nicely into my inside pocket.

The three of us left the building together, adjusting each others harnesses and jackets as we went. "ALRIGHT WORMS, YOU WILL BE TRAVELLING OUT TO THE TRAINING SIGHT VIA CART TODAY, SO LOAD UP. DO NOT WASTE MY TIME CADETS" The booming voice of our training commander echoed in my ears as I squinted at the volume. Trust us to be walking right past him as he decided to scream like the hulk. "I'm gonna go find Connie, I'll see you guys at the sight?" Sasha waved at us both and we waved back. Mikasa turned to me, "Shall we just get on? We'll see the guys when we get there". I nodded my head in response, it seemed unnecessary to go and find our friends when they would likely be riding right behind us or in front. It was only a 20 minute journey after all. Mikasa got up into the cart and turned around offering her hand to help me up. I got comfortable, or as comfortable as I could be riding these damned carts, and settled in, readying myself for the journey. 

The boys, along with Sasha were, as we thought, all riding behind us. Jean and Eren were arguing about god knows what as usual. Sasha and Connie were chatting away and Armin was showing Marco some kind of book he had. Me and Mikasa had been joined by Krista and Ymir, along with Reiner and Bertolt. "I'm just wondering how you can possibly think you could take on more titans than me?" Reiner laughed, Mikasa and I were arguing over hypothetical situations with him. "Oh please, if it came down to it, me and Mikasa could EASILY out do you against a group of titans" I put my arm around Mikasa's shoulders and she held onto my hand as it draped over her shoulder, smiling. Reiner laughed loudly again "whatever you say sweet cheeks" He pinched my cheeks and winked at me. This made me blush slightly. I don't know if I would ever bother to go for Reiner, but he was certainly a good looking guy. I don't know why I was thinking like that anyway, he's 2 years older than me and probably not looking for an 18 year old. Me and Jean was much more likely. Not that I was particularly set on relationships right now anyway. 

As if she was reading my mind, Mikasa turned to me and whispered "Horse face is staring at you again" I laughed and looked over her shoulder to see, and much to my surprise (not) Jean was in fact staring at me. I blew him a playful kiss and he pretended to catch it. I sat back again and felt Mikasa staring me down. "What??" I asked rolling my eyes. "When are you gonna admit you totally like him (Y/N)!?" She laughed at me. "I never said I DIDN'T like him to be honest Mikasa. I think he's great but there's no way I'm willing to go any further than the way things are now. Besides I wouldn't even know what to fucking do" I admitted, feeling slightly defeated. Mikasa rubbed your back, obviously understanding how you felt. 

- 20 minutes later -

We all piled out of the carts and made our way towards where the commander and three other people I didn't recognise were standing. 

"Cadets, this is Commander Erwin of the Scouts Regiment, Section Commander Hanji also of the scouts regiment and Captain Levi of the elite squad. I expect you all to salute and treat them with utmost respect." 

There were mumbles and gasps, due to the fact that Humanities Strongest Soldier was standing in front of us, however, each of us saluted to the commanders and captain. "They are here in order to inspect your individual skills and help to determine who shall be chosen to have the honourable option to join the Military Police." The one who I assumed was Captain Levi scoffed at the last part, earning a stern look from the one I gathered as Commander Erwin. I found myself staring at the three of them, Captain Levi in particular. Something was on the tip of my mind, so close to my minds eye yet- 

"HEY, YOU WANNA BE KILLED? GET OVER HERE" 

I flinched and rubbed my eyes stumbling back slightly. "(Y/N)!" Mikasa yelped, I felt her strong hands grab my shoulders to stop me from falling. 

"KID, YOU'RE GONNA HAVE TO WORK WITH ME HERE" 

"STOP SHOUTING SHE'S SCARED! WE NEED TO GO OVER AND GET HER"

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME? THAT TITAN IS ONE STEP AWAY THERES NO WAY WE CAN GET TO HER IN TIME SHE NEEDS TO RUN" 

"LISTEN TO YOURSELF! SHE CAN'T BE ANYMORE THAN 14 AND SHE'S TERRIFIED"

"FUCK" I shouted without even realising. I was having a flashback. Before I knew it, I was falling.

I opened my eyes and noticed I was now on the ground and everyone was already starting the training exercise. Mikasa looked shocked and was shaking me. "(Y/N) what happ-" "My journal where is it??" I frantically felt around for it in my pocket. "Are you looking for this cadet?" Erwin knelt down next to me and passed me my journal that had fallen out of my pocket, I suppose from the impact of falling. Mikasa passed me my pen that had also fallen, and I quickly scribbled down my flashback before I forgot. I felt a pair of eyes over my shoulder, but continued to write as Mikasa held her hand on my back. "Interesting..." I turned my head up and around to see it was Section Commander Hanji. That voice...