Chapter 11 - How Could I Forget

"HEY! YOU WANNA BE KILLED? GET OVER HERE" I looked up, tears blurring my vision as I kneeled on the floor helpless in front of the Titan that had just murdered my mother. There was a man, he can't have been much more than 20. He had dark raven hair pushed back out of his face with sweat and blood. I saw the symbol on his cloak and the weapons he wielded.

A scout

"KID, YOU'RE GONNA HAVE TO WORK WITH ME HERE" he continued to yell at me from the opposite side of the Titan.

"I CAN'T, IT-IT'S TOO BIG IT'S GOING TO GET ME IF I RUN" I screamed back tears streaming down my face. 

"STOP SHOUTING SHE'S SCARED! WE NEED TO GO OVER AND GET HER" A woman ran to his side, she seemed to be around the same age and had the same symbol on her uniform.

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME? THAT TITAN IS ONE STEP AWAY THERES NO WAY WE CAN GET TO HER IN TIME SHE NEEDS TO RUN" The man answered her back.

I knelt there, frozen I closed my eyes, preparing to meet the same fate as my mother when suddenly, I felt a presence to the left of me and swiftly jumped out of the way. I opened my eyes to see I had narrowly avoided a d swing from the titan standing over me. I stared in horror and closed my eyes again. Once again I felt a presence to my right this time and the same thing happened. 

It was like my instincts were completely overrunning my fear. I continued this tactic of avoidance as the two scouts argued over what to do. The stopped and watched as I practically danced around this titans grabs and swings. 

"Wait" I heard the man say, as he unclipped something from his belt. I heard the sound of metal scrape across the floor and at my feet, landed a blade. I had seen police carrying these blades before, to keep titans away they had told me. 

I stared at the ground at this blade. Was he actually expecting me to use it?? I looked back up at the man who was now staring me dead in the eye. 

"YOU'RE STRONGER THAN YOU THINK. I PROMISE" he yelled over to me and I bent down to pick up the blade. 

"YOU HAVE TO DO IT. DON'T HOLD BACK" He was screaming at this point which made me jump.

"LISTEN TO YOURSELF! SHE CAN'T BE ANYMORE THAN 14 AND SHE'S TERRIFIED" The woman shouted back in his face.

I had to do this.

It was this or die

At least if I went now, I'd die trying. 

I slowly stood myself up again and held the blade in both hands. 

That's when my brain went into action.

It was like an electric shock in my body.

I suddenly knew exactly what to do, and how to do it. 

I looked up at the titan and the two scouts were now watching me, dead still. 

I furrowed my eyebrows and yelled as I ran in between the titans legs, it swung for me and tried to grab me just as I sliced it's ankle while jumping out of the way of it's hand. It buckled and tripped over.

"THAT'S IT SWEETIE, YOU'VE GOT IT" The female scout shouted at me just as I ran into her open arms and clung on for dear life. The male scout jumped straight on the titans neck and sliced the nape. 

My breathing was heavy and I was sweating. The female scout was still holding me as she ran away from the scene. "Hey honey that was incredibly done. I'm Hange, what's your name?" "(Y/N)" I muffled into her chest as she ran. I looked over her shoulder and saw the male scout running to catch up with us. "Well? Is she injured??" The man asked as he ran beside us. "I don't think so, she seems okay" Hange responded. "That's Levi (Y/N), he's humanities strongest soldier" Hange looked down at me as she slowed down her pace slightly as we made our way to some horses and she placed me on top of one. 

"Tch this is a pain in my ass" He mumbled as he got on the other horse. Hange jumped on behind me and we began to move. 

My mind went blank, and I stared straight ahead. I could have sworn I had just been to hell.